Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Gossip!

Today in gossip... STUFF! Ha ha ha!

Some catty stories, Lilette Dubey being adorable, and Ajith dancing around... for no reason than I needed some juice to get me going this morning.



* See, this is why it's not worth repeating dumb relationship rumors. Kareena denies reports of her engagement.

* Bebo is doing a sex scene in Heroine.

* It's official - Priyanka signs with Hollywood agency CAA. Now she can be on par with Hollywood fighting for bikini girl roles with all the other former beauty queens.

* Another interview with Imran Khan. A few interesting pieces...

Right or wrong choices are something that can't be quantified. Films work or don't work. Question is: Would you undo something you have done in your life? In my case, the answer is no.

Success is very hard. It's hard to achieve and hard to maintain. But failure teaches you more. If you haven't had failure in life, until you don't know how you cope with failure and when you are down, living through your low period, you have not learned anything in life.

My first film did very well. My second and third films failed very badly. I'd signed and shot both those films before Jaane Tu...was released. Immediately after that, I signed Delhi Belly. I was shooting for it and didn't focus on anything else or on people who were calling me.

I was the hot new thing at that time. By the time I finished Delhi Belly, both Kidnap and Luck had failed and I had not signed any new films. I was suddenly free to take new projects but there were no new offers or rather I was being offered three hero films or getting calls from extremely shady people.


* O ho ho! I love these kinds of spin stories. So, according to Kat's publicist an anonymous source, Katrina Kaif didn't lose out to Deepika for Rajini's film, Kat couldn't do the film and only then was it offered to Dippy. Also, Kat will be doing Rana.

* And another catty story about how difficult Vivek Oberoi is to work with.

* And ANOTHER catty story about how Abhishek almost "accidentally" did a Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara ripoff film with Fardeen Khan and Kunal Roy Kapur.

* Sunny Leone DVDs are doing bang up business on the pirated market.

* Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.

* Suniel Shetty's daughter to debut.

* Arya doing a negative role?

* Lilette Dubey and daughter Ira give a super cute and super chatty interview.

Ira: In cinema, I am a novice. I have a lot to explore and learn. I have only done three feature films [The President Is Coming, Aisha and Turning 30!!!]. I found it very exciting. They are two totally different mediums. In cinema, an actor is a cog in a very large machinery. I did a show called Chicks on Flicks…

Lillete: On Sony (PIX)…

Ira: We were critiquing current Hollywood films. We were doing everything on our own. It was a great learning experience.... We have been movie buffs in the house…

Lillete: When Ira and Neha (Lillete’s elder daughter) saw films, they tended to see either classics or cartoons.

Ira: But we still saw Shashi Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan films. I was an Amitabh Bachchan fan and she (Lillete) was a Shashi Kapoor fan.... But being able to review films gave me a totally different understanding. When I did my first feature film (The President Is Coming), I had an understanding of the various aspects of film-making and that, at the end of the day, it is the director’s vision and an actor is just a part of it.




And just for kicks.... AJITH IN GAMBLER!

4 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

Wait, there's a movie called "Bloody Paki"?? and yeah Vivek always sounds and looks like a D-bag

OG said...

Hey FG,

The film Gambler that you linked in the post is the telugu dub of what was one of the most successful tamil films of 2011......

Ajith's Mankatha........ :P

The full original song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuP9DKLs-NU

Filmi Girl said...

@asim Hmm... maybe we should hold a press conference about it? HA HA HA!

@OG Was it? I knew it was a dub but didn't know which film. See, you guys keep me honest! XD I just saw Maa Music posted the song and it was fun. Add one more movie I need to see to my list...

Divya said...

Hi FG, I definitely recommend Mankatha..It was my favorite Tamil film of 2011. Its a flawed film so you may or may not like it but I think you would definitely be interested to see the Tamil take on a cool heist movie :). It maybe a good contrast to the slick hollywood ripoffs that Btown has been doing lately :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl