Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Gossip!

Are you in Abu Dhabi? Now you can listen to Radio Mirchi!

Also... our global nightmare has ended. Slapgate is over. Although Shahrukh Khan still refuses to admit that there was a slapgate. Maybe it's like Fight Club? The first rule of Slapgate is don't talk about Slapgate?

Here is what Shirish had to say: "It was a mutual thing and was not about saying sorry to each other."

Which is code for "the animosity this stirred up against me was not worth complaining about it in public and now I want it all to go away."

But, dayuuuuum, does this reveal an unpleasant side of Shahrukh... (is that what Vidya is referring to here I wonder?)

Also! Shahrukh and Ranbir in drag as "Silk" and "Chikni Chameli" is a more appropriate way to make fun of The Dirty Picture than Priyanka in a fat suit. Still not politically correct but at least it's not insulting to all women who weigh more than 5 pounds.



* Sad news today that music arranger Amil Mohile has passed away.

* Potential strike on February 23rd to protest a potential tax change.

* Jodi Breakers is getting international distribution which is good news for us Bipasha and Madhavan fans!

* What makes Heroes want to do their own stunts?

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh feels it is the real factor that has triggered the trend. “Security measures have increased and the equipment used is very advanced and can take care of the deadliest of stunts by the actors. When they look at movies like MI 4, they know that stunts like that are not beyond their reach and they are all ready to perform them. Also, one cannot forget the competitiveness that is there in the industry, and, people also want to see the real stuff,” he explains.

* Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra wants to film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag in Pakistan.

* Hold onto your hats, folks - Game-meister Abhinay Deo is directing Anil Kapoor's 24.

"The television industry has still not entered the zone where the audience would accept Hollywood storylines as is. It has to be Indianised. The tastes and sentiments of the Indian audience have to be kept in mind while recreating 24."

I'm kind of curious to see what he thinks this means.

* I don't like seeing Amy Jackson lumped in with Angela Jonsson... thankfully I think Amy has a sharp enough career sense to know what item songs to do or not do.

* Speaking of... is Tollywood item girl Maryam going to be doing a big budget Bollywood item?

* Southern remake of Agneepath?! YES PLEASE! Who would you like to see star in the Telugu and Tamil versions? It feels like a Mahesh Babu film, right? And maybe... Suriya? Or is that too predictable? PRABHAS!!

* Abhishek Bachchan is getting an award from Arnold Schwarzenegger for being Amitabh Bachchan's son some environmental thing. Does Junior B have a secret identity as Captain Planet or something? I don't recall seeing anything about him doing environmental work. John Abraham and Rahul Bose, yes... but Abhi? I must be missing something.

* Sunny Leone tweets a picture of herself in a sari. Hmm... seems to come from the same shop as Priyanka's in Agneepath! Ha ha ha!

* Akon to sing for A.R. Murugadoss's next?

* It pains me to hear about new Upendra films knowing that it will be AT LEAST a year after the release before any sort of DVD with English subtitles becomes available. Do you know that Super (2010) is STILL unavailable?!!!

* I think this has already gone around but Kangana in Shootout at Wadala. Please, Kangs, no more movies like Rascals.

* And Sanjay Leela Bhansali had better not be teasing us - Bebo and RANVEER SINGH as doomed lovers in a Romeo & Juliet adaptation? Why aren't I watching this right now?

For those who don't know Maryam, here she is rehearsing for the Maa Music Awards:

9 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

Ok, so I read "Sunny Leone" as "Sunny Deol" and was like "oh, SD's cross dressing now? Sweet."

Second: Ranveer as Romeo? I just squealed so loudly I woke up my dog. That's basically the most exciting thing I've read ever. Can't wait for it!!

Sal said...

I think Vidya's referring to her much-publicised crush on Shahrukh. She went on KWK and jokingly talked about how she was madly in love with him. Of course, all those declarations of love may be her sly way of acknowledging her relationship with a different SRK. :)

aham said...

filmi girl, Super(Hand Symbol) is going to be on DVD pretty soon,since the movie was shown on a tv channel as Sankranti special, the thing about Kannada movies is that they first put it on TV and a few weeks later the movie comes on home video, which is a pretty stupid business strategy if you ask me, anyways I have been checking Kannada Store site frequently they dont have it, maybe in a couple of weeks it will surely be made available.

By the way i saw Uppi latest with Ragini(the actress in the link you have mentioned), though i didnt find it great, but a lot of fans have loved it and btw is is inspired from Shutter Island.

Also watch the movie 'Úpendra', I know 'A' had your mind blown. but 'Úpendra'is in a different plane much much higher than where 'A' took you, you gotta watch that movie seriously.Its way beyond Epic.

Moimeme said...

Re Abhishek's environmental award:

1. The award is being given in New Delhi.

2. The award is being given by an Indian organization.

3. The award is being given by a person identified first as an "action star", and only later as "former governor of California" -- in which capacity he owned a fleet of 11 (or so) Hummers, claimed they don't harm the environment, and tried his best to get rid of California's environmental regulations.

So I think Arnold and Abhishek pretty much match each other in their dedication to saving the environment. :)

Filmi Girl said...

@Bombay Talkies 1) LOL! 2) I KNOW, RIGHT?! XD

@Sal Ohhh! That makes sense. (And LOL to your second point!!)

@Aham That's great news!!! I've been waiting... I hope Pawan Kumar's streaming site takes off. Would be great to be able to see current Kannada films.

Thankfully I didn't see Shutter Island so maybe I will like it?

@Moimeme That just made me snort my coffee. HA HA HA! I think you're probably correct.

maxqnz said...

I was SUPER excited to see that bit about Bebo and Ranbu doing R&J then read backwards and saw who was directing - AAARGH! What weird monochromatic expression will the ridiculously opulent set be in this time - pink? "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? Rose, you moron, like EVERY scene in this film". Why couldn't it have been Imtiaz Ali, sniff.

maxqnz said...

Please forgive the second comment, but I meant to remark on your mention of Amy. I know you're NOT a Kat hater, but every tmie I see Amy getting press, I wonder why a TOTAL gori like her gets a pass from the vicious side of the BW media, while Ms. Kaif continues to draw fire? I mean, apart from having her breast implants put in her cheeks by mistake, what has she done wrong? Even after 2 good roles in 2011 she gets more flak than Amy, which seems unfair.

Filmi Girl said...

@maxqnz First of all, yes, agreed on being wary of SLB directing... He will never get an automatic pass from me for ANYTHING after I had to suffer through Saawariya. LOL!!! Still, I did enjoy Guzarrish and the green palate worked nicely there. Maybe Mr. B has finally learned his lesson? (We all hope!!!)

And YES!!! That is a great point and it totally hadn't occurred to me before. Maybe it's because the media has a narrative for Amy? They can pigeon hole her as the white girl. With Kat, there was some "is she; isn't she" coyness...

Divya said...

Romeo and Juliet was supposed to be about two stupid teenagers in love. Cast anyone over the age of 25 and the whole point of immature, young love will be lost. With SLB's tendencies to overdramatize everything this looks like a disaster in the making. I am sure Ranveer Singh and Kareena Kapoor will do some age appropriate movie together eventually.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl