Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Gossip!

Don't forget it's GAY PRIDE WEEK in Mumbai!!

I stayed up way too late finishing that interview so you'll have to forgive my brevity this morning!



* My little rant on Priyanka's fat suit gets picked up by Digital Spy!

* Joginder Tuteja asks if awards are all a sham.

Current awards season has made it clear that for the organisers out there, it's the 'commercial viability' of hosting, distributing and celebrating these awards that holds the utmost importance. So if a Salman isn't ready to fetch any awards despite his Bodyguard being the highest grosser of the year, the choice has narrowed down to a Shahrukh, Ranbir or Hrithik since Aamir would anyways not be available. On the other hand, if leaving out Vidya Balan for The Dirty Picture would be (rightfully) termed as a sacrilege, something or the other would be invented for a Kareena or a Katrina to ensure that no one misses out in the bargain.

* Read an interview with Ekta Kapoor.

And is there a regret you can't amend?

Yes, I didn't have time for amma. She was my guardian and took care of us for 27 years. When she was dying I was too busy to be with her. I gave work my highest priority. She took care of me for so many years and I couldn't spare a few months for her. Regret lasts longer than anything else and that is a karmic burden I will always carry.


* Apparently, all the Hindi films released so far this year have earned ten crores all together. I guess Shiney Ahuja really is a ghostly presence at the box office.

* Hritihik explains how his Vijay is going to be different.

* Shahrukh and Imran for the Hindi remake of Vettai?! Ha ha ha! Sorry, I'm going to just collapse with the giggles over here because that is the stupidest casting decision ever. Forget whether Shahrukh can convincingly pull a sensitive but not soppy act like Madhavan but Imran Khan is in no way an appropriate replacement for Arya.

* Dhandush to star in Tanu Weds Manu director's next film called Raanjhnaa.

* Aditya Roy Kapur gets re-launched in Gautham Menon's tri-lingual film... because we hadn't rejected him decisively enough in the past?

* Aw... Shahid gives a silly quote.

* Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra to make a documentary on Shammi Kapoor.

* As much as I think Rohit Dhawan has potential, I don't blame Ranbir for turning down a film with him. Ranbir seems to be after prestige pictures these days.

* AGEING Vinod. Hee hee! Thanks for that, Rajeev Masand!



This struck my fancy... I'm not quite sure why. I do enjoy a scrappy under-performer!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Aditya Roy Kapur is too cute, I hope he gets more roles soon.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl