Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Update!

Good news for Filmi Girl! My local theater is getting both Vettai AND Nanbaan! I'M SO EXCITED, Y'ALL! I just need to call and check that they have subtitles because unlike something like Rajapattai, I'm pretty sure I'll need them.

Okay... time for your daily dose of NEWS!



* Read an interesting piece on Afghanistan's movie industry.

It has been an uphill struggle. For a start, none of the female parts are played by locals, because conservative Afghan customs and values make that impossible. To get round the problem, filmmakers cross into neighboring Pakistan and hire female actors there, splicing the footage into the sections shot in Nangarhar.

* Everybody's favorite troll writes a piece about not trolling.

The same sort of abuse directed towards one star will be hurled back at the other. The cycle will continue and more individuals will get involved. People who perhaps are Shah Rukh Khan fans but watch Salman Khan’s films and vice-versa will be forced to pick sides. Again, this will hurt Bollywood because it separates fans into various factions that only support their favourite star and watch his films only.

I would like to point out that this kid calling for peace tweeted this at me OUT OF NOWHERE yesterday:




Asher Madan

@
I wish your mom has said it was a mistake to conceive you. Fucking assholes.

* Ranbir Kapoor gets caught in a scuffle because security guards at an event because the security guards hired demanded photos with the actor and he refused.

* The media is buzzing about rumors that they started about Rani Mukerji making an appearance in Dhoom 3. I hope it's true but I doubt it.

* Shahrukh Khan is doing a tribute to Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor at the Color Screen Awards.

* It has come to this - Abhishek Bachchan is hoping that Rohit Shetty directed, Ajay Devgn starrer Bol Bachchan will push some life back into his career. At least he's only third billed after Ajay and Rohit instead of fourth billed like in Dhoom 3.

I have to admit that the Rohit Shetty-Ajay Devgn combo is enough to pull me into the theater despite Abhishek.

* Sanjay Dutt gifts Ajay Devgn the rights to Telugu hit Badri to make up for Rascals. Aw... what a sweetie! (At least towards his friends.)

* Are you kidding me?! Shahrukh, the world does not want a Ra.One sequel. Accept it and move on - like Kareena is doing. Seriously.

* In related news,
Anubhav Sinha is starting his own production company. Maybe he better ask his actor-peers Dia and Zayed for advice!

* Emraan Hashmi is getting on his high horse about awards shows.

“Firstly, I strongly disagree with the nomination process at most award ceremonies. And I have felt that since the start of my career. Some nominations are highly undeserving.”

Ha ha ha! Oh, Emraan... OF COURSE some nominations are highly undeserving. It wouldn't be an awards show if there weren't!! Complaining about undeserving nominations is what makes any awards event fun - from the Nobel Peace Prize to the Filmfare Awards.

* In related news, Vidya Balan is going to perform at one of these upcoming awards shows! Probably the Filmfare Awards.

* Sharman Joshi is in Chennai promoting 7-Up, says he wants to watch Nanbaan.

While Sharman hasn’t really seen his share of Kollywood hits, there’s a certain film that he looks forward to catching. “Yes, I’ve heard that the Tamil remake of 3 Idiots, Nanban releases this Pongal. I think it’s going to be real fun because I’ve heard that they’ve actually adapted the story to suit Tamil audiences. And, of course, with Shankar helming things it’s sure to be a real hit. I’ve also heard that the industry’s biggest star — Vijay will be starring in it. I can’t wait to catch it,” he says with glee.

Lasly, enjoy Bikram Singh's tribute to Beyonce. No, really.


6 comments:

Moimeme said...

FG -- that same ambassador of peace has been on a tweeting spree to Salman fans saying much worse things which I don't want to repeat. I guess he identified Salman's fans by the fact that they talk about his films? I don't know. A couple of days ago two Twitter buddies of mine who are Salman fans were complaining about being targeted by this person, not only under this name but a dozen other aliases. I said I hadn't received any such tweets. Today, I guess because that conversation was on twitter, I got my share.

It goes far beyond fan partisanship; the tweets are actually sick. I've complained to twitter, as have others, but who will convince Koimoi to stop giving this person a platform?

Filmi Girl said...

@moimeme Right? He's a big jerk and I really don't understand why Koimoi would continue to let him write articles, except if they are only concerned with "page views."

He clearly has some mental problem if he is spending all his time trolling twitter and harassing people. That comment he tweeted me came from nowhere!

Moimeme said...

On a more pleasant topic, did you see that Priyadarshan has just announced a film with Abhishek and Deepika?

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1401056

I'm trying to decide if this represents a step up for Abhishek, to be cast opposite Deepika, or a step down for Deepika, to be cast opposite Abhishek. :)

And what does it mean for both of them to now be in a Priyadarshan film?

Moimeme said...

He might have targeted you because you picked Bodyguard as your "most complete movie" of 2011 (or something like that).

Filmi Girl said...

@moimeme Ooo! No, I missed that! Thanks!!

Yes, that is an interesting turn of affairs... Deepika hasn't been doing all that well lately. She's picked some real duds.

Does this mean Dippy and Abhi are now on the same level as far as star power goes? The B-list!

OG said...

Hey FG,

Ignore the haters..........

I am not sure about Nanban but I am pretty sure Vettai will have subs as it is distributed by UTV.... and all the releases they have made in the south, are subtitled......

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl