Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Gossip!

Yes, it's awards season... and our first results are from the ETC Business Awards, which will air on Monday.

Here are the interesting results:

Top Grosser of the Year: Body Guard
Most Profitable Actor (India): Salman Khan
Most Profitable Actor (Overseas): Shahrukh Khan

Most Profitable Actress: Kareena Kapoor

Most Profitable Director: Siddique for Bodyguard

Best Marketed Film: Ra.One

Biggest Single Day Collection: Ra.One

Notice how they don't separate out India/Overseas for the actress category - presumably because Bebo was in both Bodyguard and in Ra.One. Interesting how Shahrukh has really made his target audience the global diaspora... specifically the diaspora in North America, UK, and Western Europe.

(Also, I think they meant MOST marketed film for Ra.One.)

On to gossip!



* Here is one twitter-based article I don't mind reporting... Ali Zafar to do an ITEM NUMBER.

* Nooooo! One film I was really looking forward to has been postponed. Kunal Khemu's Blood Money is now set for April 13th.

Kunal Khemu is such a fantastic actor - for me he's like Arshad Warsi in that I will see him in anything because I know he's going to make it worthwhile, whether it's a silly comedy or an "erotic thriller" like Blood Money.

I can only hope this one comes to my theater!!

* Meet G.V. Prakash the music director of Joker.

* And NTR Jr's Dammu is starting their next schedule of shooting.

And now have some promos!

The more I see from Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya the more I'm worried that it's going to have a really soggy script...





Or maybe these are just not great promos? I'm going to give it a chance because I love the cast but... yeah. Step it up, UTV!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl