Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Gossip!

Okay, two announcements! 1) YES I know that wasn't really Saif Ali Khan but didn't SRK look like he was channeling Saif in Race? In my defense, I wrote that up at about 5am so... yeah... possibly not my greatest zing ever. NOW! 2) I'm almost at 1500 posts and I will have a treat up for that big number! This post is 1495.

Right! On to gossip... which includes some juicy bits, some thinky bits, some snark, some Bebo being adorbs, and ALI ZAFAR DOING STUFF in the London Paris New York trailer. Don't you want to know!



* Read a long chat with some of Bollywood's young guns.

SS: Bollywood films have become increasingly urbanised. So, in a way, the issues that you are addressing do not reach a large mass of the country.

DB: When we make a film today, our profit margins at multiplexes are far higher. Once we are settled in life, we might have some time to think, ‘Oh, whither are we going?… Pass the caviar.’ AD: Can I say something? You do a film that is successful and you make a film like Dev D and they say it won’t work. And you want to make something like Shanghai and they say, “No sir, that won’t work.”


* Oh ho ho! Ekta Kapoor takes a swing against Vivek Oberoi in the press.

Ekta, however, decided to remain diplomatic and simply added, "Gupta felt that he needed someone with a different personality than Vivek. We abide by the director's vision."

He's been "let go" from Sanjay Gupta's Shootout At Wadala - I'm sure this has nothing to do with the stories of Sanjay Dutt wanting Vivek pushed out of the film... nothing at all... and the Mumbai Mirror agrees with me.

Meanwhile, Mumbai Mirror had reported how Sanjay Dutt had asked the actor not to opt for the film. "Dutt's manager, Dharam Oberoi had told Vivek to stay away from Sanjay Gupta's film. Dutt wasn't too happy that his former friend Gupta was getting back to direction after so long," revealed a source close to the film.

* Who gives a shit if Oprah is going to India to see the Bachchans?

* Remo D'Souza is making a 3D dance film starring Prabhu Deva?! WHAT?!

“Prabhu Deva is a superb human being. When I told him that I wanted him to star in my dance film, he asked me the reason. I just told him that I wanted the best dancer in India to play a lead role; he laughed and agreed immediately,” beams Remo.

* Entertaining editorial comment at the end of this report that Gharana Mogudu is being remade.

Besides the films mentioned at the outset, Dookudu, Don Seenu and god knows how many films, are in readied for remakes in Hindi.

* Judwaa 2 starring Saif Ali Khan (the real one). Why?

* Trouble at a Nanbaan screening.

Cut-outs of the film's director Shankar were also burnt last night after activists, belonging to Indian Jananayaga Katchi, protested against "objectionable dialogue" in the movie denigrating the outfit's founder Chellamuthu, police said today.

33 People were arrested.

* Nikhil Advani to make a gangster film? I feel like I've read this before...

* Anupam Kher gets on par with Hollywood actors by writing a self-help book with the awful title: The Best Thing About You is You!

* Madhur Bandar-kar gets on his high horse about remakes.

* Wow... linking up Abhishek's name with Fardeen Khan is a big step down... What's next a three hero film with Zayed Khan?

* Ranveer and Bebo? Yes, please.

And speaking of Bebo... what a cute ad!



AND SPEAKING OF CUTE... ALI ZAFAR! London Paris New York! Now if only he comes to New York for the premiere... eh, Ali?

4 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

If Ranveer and Bebo star together I don't think I'll be able to handle all the sexy fabulousness.

I need whatever that movie is to be out right.this.minute.

LoveSuhana said...

OMG Ali Zafar! OMG OMG OMG!!! ::Squee::

Ok, I'm good now! Fan girl crazy over. It does look pretty good though. do you know the name of the lead actress in London Paris New York?

Sal said...

The lead actress in London, Paris, New York is Aditi Rao Hydari, who was lovely in Delhi 6 and Yeh Saali Zindagi.

OG said...

Hey FG,

Awesome trailer of LPNY.... I hope Ali Zafar makes it in bollywood... atleast for indo-pakistan relations :)

Btw, I think you will like Vettai! It is super awesome comedy packaged with a lot of masala...and it has eng subs as well! Madhavan has rocked it!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl