Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Gossip... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I hope everybody had a fun night!

It's a new year and you know what that means... AWARDS SHOWS! Don't forget to vote for THE FILMFARE AWARDS! Should I do my contest again to see if we can guess all the winners?


* Check out this article on the dilemma faced by content producers in India.

As India urbanizes and its middle class grows, a delicate dilemma has hit a media culture long dominated by local TV shows aimed at rural audiences, such as the soap opera "Baalika Vadhu" or "Child Bride," about a girl married off at age 10. While the young and hip audiences that attract advertising dollars want foreign imports, no broadcaster wants to upset conservative viewers or attract government ire.

* I'm only linking this one for the title - which would have a completely different connotation in North America.

* If I'm reading this correctly, Deepika Padukone is doing a music video with a retro feel for Ganesh Hegde.

* I'm tentatively excited to see Sanjay Dutt doing this...

With the veteran Nitish Roy as director, 'Gehra Paani' will have Dutt play a mad scientist who creates a genetically evolved crocodile with individual intelligence but becomes a target of a gang of hunters wanting to capture the unique reptile for their lucrative business.

It all depends on whether he brings his A-game or his Lazy Game.

* Isha Sherwani doing an item song?! EEE!

She's such a great dancer!

* Could Shazahn Padamsee be any more desperate?

Shazahn is open to skin show and posing for magazine covers if they are done aesthetically. "Today posing for magazine covers is a serious business. There is no problem in showing off your body."

If that's all you have to offer, can you just go away, please? There are like a billion starlets out there willing to strip and at least 75% of them are less annoying and entitled than you.

* Naanban gets a U certificate.

* Vivek Oberoi gets caught in the middle of a licensing dispute for a party performance.

* Vidya Balan: Super Star

Q. Did the criticism after 'Kismat Konnection' affect you?

I was so upset that I stopped reading papers. I was self-assured when I came into the industry with Parineeta. I then went through a phase of trying to fit in, but was criticized for it. I felt victimized and developed a persecution complex. But my family and friends brought perspective back to me. (Filmmaker) R Balki told me, `You are one of a kind... Celebrate it... ' I was born a woman, I was never a girl. I was trying to be a girl in Kismet Konnection. No wonder it failed.




It looks like "Kolaveri Di" has influenced this song picturization from Jodi Breakers... just a little bit. (And by "little bit" I mean "a lot.") Don't get me wrong, the song is okay but... why aren't we seeing Maddy and Bipasha? A guy singing in a studio is just not that entertaining... unless it's Dhanush.

1 comment:

Mette said...

Happy New Year!
Hope the filmfares will be better this year.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl