Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

If you haven't already, check out Asim's interview with Amy Jackson! She seems live a very sweet girl and, yes, he does ask her about being white in Bollywood.

I'll be going to see Agneepath tonight and I'm excited! I'm also very happy that almost every review has said two things I'm feeling good about: 1) the film maintains the 1990s-style revenge and 2) Priyanka's role is small enough that she makes no impression. I'm assuming that PC shows up for two songs and then vanishes.



* Speaking of PC, the Mumbai Mirror cattily unpacks her career in this profile.

But trade analyst Amod Mehra feels differently. “Kareena is number one. Katrina is on number two. And Priyanka who was once on the second position is now on number three. That’s because Priyanka has made all the wrong choices and given many flops - 7 Khoon Maaf, Kaminey, What’s Your Rashee, Drona. I would say that she has been lucky,” says Mehra and adds, “Also, she has limited choices. Her big star bracket is restricted to SRK and Hrithik. Salman doesn’t want to work with her. Aamir hasn’t worked with her yet. She hasn’t worked much with Ajay Devgn. And she can’t work with Akshay Kumar.”

* The Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey villain Francis Matthew is the bachelor on the Ukrainian Bachelor.

As many as 16,000 young women from across Ukraine and beyond auditioned to compete for the heart of "a prince" -- as Mathew is billed by the show's producers, even though he has no royal title.

Presumably none of them saw Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey...

* Shahid has been off his leash recently, zinging the passive-aggressive quotes left and right!

At a recent event the actor said, “I like being used” when quizzed about his link-ups to Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma.

* Bebo to do a mujra in Agent Vinod?

* I didn't catch this before but Anushka Sharma is going to be SRK's heroine in their film with Katrina.

* Which South remake will Shahrukh Khan pick? WHICH ONE?

I can't see him playing a cop or a social crusader, honestly. Prove me wrong, SRK. Prove me wrong!



Music teaser for Aalaap! Prepare to have your socks blown off with adorableness! This one looks fun! Since this is the kind of film that will never have international distribution, I did ask if it was going to be available for legal streaming on its release. I'll be sure to report back when I hear.



The only thing about this film that has raised any level of interest from me is Kareena Kapoor delivering some punch lines in the trailer. How can a song, a setting, the styling, everything be so dull?! It's as if the director went in and painted everything a shade of drab green. Really, people are supposed to shell out cash to go watch this movie?



More my speed is this making-of Veena Malik's "Channo," which is highly entertaining!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl