Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Gossip!

Today in gossip - Catch Venky in action as BODYGUARD; SEL live in concert; Emraan Hashmi is man of year; and more goodies!

ETA: I forgot to add that, yes, I've seen Kat's promo for Agneepath but I'm not feeling it. She's done something to her face... fillers, maybe... that were creeping me out.


* Read a nice piece on those overlooked denizens of the film world - Distributers.

Corporate distributors are new to India. Hollywood studios like Fox Star, Warner Brothers and Sony Pictures, while here to make movies, have begun acquiring Hindi movies as distributors (though only gingerly). Their record so far suggests they have plenty to learn. “Dev Anand’s Chargesheet was distributed by Warner Bros. Look what happened,” scoffs an independent distributor, “That’s why you need a sane distributor who knows which project to acquire, and even if he does acquire a bad product, should know how to sell it.”

* Are you in Abu Dhabi? Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are playing on Friday! Not in Abu Dhabi? You can still read this piece on them!

Noorani explains that like advertising, composing a film score is a conceptual exercise.

"You have to really get into the script and that is where the creativity comes from," he says. "With each script you get a chance to create something totally unique. We first must read the script before we get into the studio and start jamming. Our aim is for the music to fit beautifully within the film."


* Mumbai Boss (in trademark snark) runs down the month in Fashion Magazines.

On the cover: With her shoulder-length hair pinned back and up to resemble a choppy, gelled quiff, Vogue’s December cover girl Priyanka Chopra, dressed in a red Gucci gown, looks marginally appreciative about being styled like the lost member of a 1990s boy band.

* Not to go all Mumbai Boss myself but when I'm baited with the line an interview with India's finest actress, I don't expect an interview with Priyanka Chopra.

(Also, I received a copy of this interview in my inbox, too. )

* What happens when somebody with no knowledge of film music tries to review a Lollywood CD - the phrase regional-Islamic sinuosity is used. What does that even mean?! After reading this, I still know nothing about how the collection sounds.

* No sequel for Kabhi Kushi Kabhie Gham.

* Jackie Shroff isn't gay... not that there's anything wrong with that.

"In any case, what's the big deal about sexual preference? If one is gay, one is gay. If I was, I'd have no qualms in accepting it."

* Vidhu Vinod Chopra wants to reopen theaters in Kashmir.

Recalling his childhood days spent in Kashmir, Chopra said that going to cinema was a "way into the world that existed outside of my house".

"When I was young, Broadway Cinema was my temple. That's where I went to study cinema. I was very poor, I had no money. "


* Salman reunites with his Maine Pyaar Kiya director Sooraj Barjatya.

* And while Salman might have had two big hits this year, is the real man of year... Emraan Hashmi?



BODYGUARD song promo! WOWOW! I like the look of all those background dancers!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl