Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Gossip!

Hello my lovelies!!!! I am working on a couple different long-form pieces for you. Those should be up in the near future. And then I know everybody is looking forward to my Don 2 review... heh. Better news is that we're getting the new Vikram film at my theater!! What a great Christmas present!

NOW! Today's gossip... Shahrukh! Salman! Nargis needs to get a clue!



* There is so much dirt in this piece I don't even know where to start!

My favorite part is SRK showing up late at night at a party with... Mustaq Sheikh! But seriously, Salman and Shahrukh are two grown men. If they don't like each other, they don't like each other.

* Beth talks with Raj and Pablo.

IRT: What’s the role of the U.K. in the global Bollywood scene? Do you feel that will become more and more significant in the years ahead?

R&P: The U.K. was the first major market for the Hindi film industry and remains one of the leading markets. It was the U.K. that led the way for Bollywood discovering the “NRI” [non-resident Indian] market and the value of the “brown pound.” Now Bollywood has gone global, not only for NRIs in the Middle East, Africa, Australia and North America but also in non-NRI markets. Bollywood has mirrored, or some may say paved the way of, India’s emergence as a global superpower. Our shows, both on radio and TV, now attract a global audience, from Japan to Germany to Brazil. These are non-Asians who want to gain an insight to the world’s largest entertainment industry.


* Anil Kapoor in Mission Impossible - is the joke on him or us?

Alas, in every other aspect of the Bollywood-Hollywood courtship dance, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol proves that we are still stuck in cruise control. Nothing much has changed. Indians are exotic. The women are pretty and do slinky Bolly-Bharatanatyam moves in an endless loop. The doormen wear turbans and act obsequious. The soundtrack has some sitar-ish twanging to herald “Arrival in Mumbai.”

* Prithviraj is feeling unappreciated in Kerala... he's working on a Hindi film now and will be doing a Tamil film next.

* Bipasha Basu wants you to know that wearing a bikini is not easy. Actually, you've got that wrong, Bips. Wearing a bikini is easy but beating one's body into an arbitrary shape in order to be considered appropriate to wear a bikini by some arbitrary tastemakers in the media is difficult.

Even Namitha wore a bikini in Billa and I have to say her luxurious curves look way sexier than the 12 hours a day at the gym and no carbs ever look you've got going on.

* Live chat with Akshay Kumar on Wednesday? I wish I could! Akshay fails so hard at technology - it's really cute, though, like when your grandma doesn't know how to work the remote control. How much do you want to bet that he'll be talking really loud at the camera so we can all hear him out here in CYBERSPACE?

* Update on the Don 2 copyright kerfuffle. The film is releasing on schedule. People in UK should be getting it on Wednesday and it looks like my theater in NoVa is getting it on Thursday so keep your eyes peeled.

* Can we just consign Nargis to the scrapheap of model/actresses with whazzherface and the other girl and that bikini wearing one? You know who I'm talking about... (Did somebody say Mugdha Godse?)

Hey! I hear Neil Nitin Mukesh is looking for a heroine...

* First promo for Aamir's new film to release with Agneepath!

* Aditya Chopra does something right and casts Parineeti Chopra.

* It's Kunal Kapoor! Remember this guy?!

Like most other actors, Kunal also blames a lack of great scripts for his infrequent onscreen appearances. "In the last year and a half, I have been sitting with the directors and writers I want to work with. Most of the time, you don't get the kind of work you want to do, so I realized that instead of complaining about this, I should just ensure that great scripts happen. The film I am currently shooting for, Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, is one such project that I have been involved with from its inception. There have been a lot of my creative inputs incorporated in the script. In future, I will be a lot more active onscreen and so the next five years should see me very busy," he says.

Whatever happened to that superhero film he was supposed to do?

* How are the songs from DAM999 on the list of contenders for Best Original Song? And why isn't the Indian media all over this? They usually eat this shit up.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl