Today in gossip - everybody is still really sad about Dev Anand and nobody not in the media cares about Tom Cruise (except where he is disrupting traffic, I'm sure.)
* Another touching story about what Dev Anand meant to movie fans and Asha Bhosle remembers Dev the friend.
And one from screenwriter Soumik Sen on Dev the hero.
When Kishore started his career, the only hero he would sing for, apart from himself, was Dev Anand. While Talat Mahmood, Mohammad Rafi and Hemant Kumar gave soul and pathos to the black-and-white times, Dev Anand heralded the youth with the cheer and flamboyance as well as the underrated poignancy in Kishore’s voice.
Having said that, Dev Anand was also probably the only actor whose onscreen personality was so malleable that he could do justice to Hemant Kumar, Rafi and his held-back pathos, Talat to some extent and, of course, Kishore.
* Dirty Picture is a hit for Vidya and Ekta.
* The Mumbai Mirror digs up old drama Sanjay Gupta vs Sanjay Dutt.
* Norman, the "singing Bollywood cop" of Jakarta, has been fired for skipping work for 85 days... but he has another gig lined up in show business. Them's the breaks, kid!
* The Tom Cruise fans that greeted his visit in India were paid to show up.
* Shiney Ahuja is allowed to visit Dubai.
* I need to meet this guy! Sarabjit Singh Chadha is an Indian singer of Japanese Enka songs! COOL!
* And Apache Indian has a new album out.
Trailer for Vinmeengal, which looks like a real tearjerker... Good thing I like to cry at movies!