Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Not much happening in news items today... it seems like the calm before the Don 2 review/box office reporting orgy that will happen over the weekend. Word of mouth is pretty good so far, though. Although I have seen people saying that Priyanka's latest nose job is really distracting on the big screen. I can believe that.

Anyways... here's what I found:



* If you have time, check out Asim's interview with Farhan Akhtar over at Upodcast! I finally gave it a listen last night and Asim really gives him some good questions - you can hear Farhan having to think beyond his standard responses.

* Rajkumar Hirani may not direct Munnabhai 3.

* Ranbir and Shahid in the running for VVC's Chithiyan?

* Good news for those of us who enjoyed Mere Brother Ki Dulhan but thought New York was lacking... Ali Abbas Zafar lent his filmi expertise to Kabir Khan for Ek Tha Tiger.

* Even though just of days ago Priyanka Chopra was being reported as not on the Barfee sets, now she's reported as on set but acting like a diva.

* Anupama Chopra doesn't think Dirty Picture will change much about Bollywood.

To believe that The Dirty Picture, essentially an ordinary film lifted by an extraordinary performance, will radically alter conventional industry wisdom or enhance female clout would be naive. But there are a few things that it does accomplish. I loved that the film had such affection and sympathy for a woman who refused to live within society’s circumscribed rules. I also greatly admired Vidya Balan’s ability to be fat and frankly unattractive onscreen. Bollywood currently is awash in a sea of fashionistas. Our heroines, no matter the role, always look salon perfect (do you recall Bipasha Basu’s immaculate jail hair-do in Dum Maaro Dum?). I hope The Dirty Picture inspires some to let go and become the character instead. That itself would be a small step forward.



Very cute song promo for Ekk Deewana Tha! I have to admit that I quite liked Amy Jackson in Madrassapattinam and am looking forward to seeing what she can do here!




And just for LULZ have this "review" of "Chikni Chameli" from some video bloggers called the Hodge Twins.

4 comments:

thediva_1 said...

the fact that the hodge twins said "indian" sounds like chickens clucking is highly disturbing. :/
THAT'S SWAHILI...not hindi. lol

Sal said...

I haven't watched any of their other video reviews, but that was, um, pretty offensive.

kalo said...

About the promosong for Ekk Deewana Tha!: did you ever see the original with Simbu, in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya? That one I loved, this one I just like.

Emily said...

I liked Amy Jackson in Madrasapattinam, too, but I don't understand why they think giving her a fake tan is going to make her "Indian". And that song just sounds like a ripoff of the Tamil/Telugu versions. Bleh. (I know it's not a ripoff, but it sounds lackluster compared to the SI versions.)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl