Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF! Friday Gossip!

Another Friday, another new release! Who else is really excited for Ladies VS Ricky Bahl? It has been FAR TOO LONG since I've seen some Ranveer Singh on the big screen. Last year, when I saw Band Baaja Baarat in the theater, I was the only one in my screening. I bet THIS year that will be quite different...

Also, I'm very happy to see that our theater is getting Osthi! I'm not sure if it has subtitles or not but I'll try to go anyways. I've seen Dabangg so I should be able to follow the plot okay. I'm in it for the MASALA!

Today in gossip... IS 2011 THE YEAR OF THE WOMAN IN BOLLYWOOD?! Also, you know what rumor I'm insisting on posting...



* The rumor going around yesterday on Twitter... Jackie Shroff is gay.

The site claims that the actor was chatting casually with a coterie of journalists and told them that he prefers men, “a natural feeling”, he said, which developed fairly recently; all through the 80s and 90s he was attracted to women, but that has now changed, it is reported.

* Between No One Killed Jessica and now Dirty Picture (which has done 50 crore at the box office), we can safely say 2011 was the YEAR OF BALAN! Actually, despite the media hype around heroes, this has been a great year for heroines. Katrina in ZNMD; Kangana in Tanu Weds Manu; Kareena in Bodyguard... not to mention the return of the RANI in No One Killed Jessica. 2011: Year of the Woman?

* I'm sure you'll all forgive me for not linking to the many, many articles of Shahrukh twinkling at the camera for Don 2 promotions because I actually do want to see the film. Instead, enjoy Farhan Akhtar talking about Don 2!

Q: What do you think of the action genre in Bollywood and are you influenced by it?

A: "To me, action has to come from the plot. To me 'Qurbani' was a good action film -- it was fast, had one plot and moved along at a pace and it didn't really divert attention. And apart from that there are many, but none that spring to mind immediately. Our action movies are slightly more wholesome, but on the other hand, that may be what audiences are looking for -- I don't want to second guess them. Hopefully they'll like what I make too."


* For all the ass kissing that the Bollywood media does to stars, it can be very catty when it wants to be... like asking Nargis Fakhri how she handles being called duck face because of her trout pout.

* This is very cool!! Three engineers decide to chuck it all in and make a film... starring Tom Alter!

* Mallika Sherawat is back in Mumbai to film for a new movie with Vivek Oberoi!

* Will Bebo sign on opposite Akshay Kumar in Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2.

* The reasons behind the Short Term Shaadi name change.

* And Agent Vinod is allegedly releasing "on schedule" in February 2012.

* Atif Aslam faces VISA issues..

* A report from a World Bank Forum on Nollywood - whose films I'm very curious to see!




TRAILER FOR BUSINESS MAN! DANG! I love when Prince Mahesh kicks that guy in the chest... *dishoom*



Okay, THIS, is the best Don 2 promo yet! It's nice to see that "exchanging briefcases" trope will be retained for the sequel.



BEBO IS SO CUTE! I love that little sideways glance she gives to the Madhur at the beginning of this.

4 comments:

KimT said...

Yeah! for the return of the SRK stubble...loved the longer hair and beard in Chak De! India and love it here.

Filmi Girl said...

@KimT It's really the best trailer for Don 2 so far!

OG said...

hey FG.

I laughed every single time Mahesh babu raised his little finger for a punch dialog........

I dont know if you know, but the little finger signifies one's need to take a urgent leak in India :)

Haha!

Moimeme said...

Jackie Shroff clarifies that he's not gay: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news--interviews/Jackie-Shroff:-Bhidu,-I%E2%80%99m-not-gay!/articleshow/11045600.cms


@OG, yes Mahesh raises his little finger to mean precisely that in the Businessman trailer - if you listen to the dialog he's saying whenever he does that, he says, "I didn't come to Mumbai just to make a living, but to make Mumbai pee in its pants!" But still, the gesture doesn't fit the dialog, because one uses it mainly to excuse oneself or to seek permission to leave (as from a classroom). And also, it's only men who use this gesture, I think; I've never seen a female do it, not even a female student who needs to leave the classroom.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl