Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning, everyone! Your dear Filmi Girl is ready for the holidays to be over!! This fall has been jam-packed full of parties, more parties, and more parties... I'm counting down to New Year's Eve and then I'm going to sleep for three weeks!

Until then, char baj gaye lekin party abhi baki hai!!

Okay, gossip! Yes, I've seen Katrina's item teaser and... I hate it. Far from looking like the sexy Kat we all know and love, she looks like she's channeling Rakhi Sawant's face, wardrobe, and mannerisms. Ick. Katrina, sweetie, tell me who told you that you needed botox and fillers and I will fly over and personally deliver two tight slaps to the idiot.



* Nepal's first gay film is a tragic romance called Snow Flowers.

Adhikari, 25, believes the film sheds light on the turmoil, pressures, and depression that same-sex couples often experience in Nepal. Usually, LGBT characters are relegated to cartoonish, campy, comedic relief roles.

"The entire movie is based on the trauma, Adhikari summarizes. “What it is like not being able to come out and live your life because there are so many restrictions…”


* I may have my issues with Shahrukh these days but you can't keep me away from a Rohit Shetty film, especially not one that co-stars Bebo! Chennai Express!

* CAN WE ALL STOP PRETENDING NEIL NITIN MUKESH IS RELEVANT? Why on Earth would anybody sign him for a remake of
Baazigar unless they had no desire for an audience to turn up at the theater?

* In related news, Zayed Khan still exists.

* As do Sunny Deol and Ameesha Patel...

* The Filmfare Awards are set to take place at the end of January, 2012. There will be a special tribute for Dev Anand.

* Chitrangda in a new film with Arjun Rampal? Our screens will melt with all the pretty.

The ‘Rock On’ actor will essay the role of charming boss who sexually exploits his juniors. When asked about her film’s topic, Chirangada reveals that women in every sphere of life go through sexual exploitation.

* Piggy Chops is causing delays to Barfee. The article says shooting is only 25% complete - at this point, if I was Anurag Basu, I'd just recast the role with somebody else. (Parineeti Chopra, anyone?)

4 comments:

Bastard Keith said...

Neil? Done. Zayed? Never began. But don't count out the Deol boys. Yamla Pagla Deewana was MONSTER big this year, it's worth remembering. There's a portion of the audience that will never give up on Sunny, Bobby and their dad, and Sunny may be the biggest current draw of any of them. He is, after all, the only one with a big solo hit in the last decade. In the right role (which is admittedly a narrow casting) he could have a hit and surprise us all. It ain't a shoo-in, but outside of the urban centers this guy is a god.

I can't help liking the big frigging ox.

Fierysky said...

I actually liked Katrina's item teaser, botox aside of course.

She's supposed to be playing a rustic, drunk woman dancing for a den full of mobsters and thugs. For that, I think it's done in a fun, and a bit playful way, fitting the story and situation. I really like the energy and rawness of it all.

She's definitely come a long way from her stiff dancing early in her career.

Moimeme said...

Thanks for the advent calendar item with Salman and Dharmendra! Have you noticed that, whenever these two are on a TV show together, how Dharamji can't keep his hands off of Salman, and can't stop kissing him? I find it pretty cute. :)

On topic, the problem with the Katrina item song is that the choreography and tempo of the music are completely mismatched to the lyrics and style of the song. That is my biggest complaint about it. Beyond that, yes, I did for the first time notice that Katrina's face is all messed up. Like you, FG, I'm wondering who the heck suggested that to Kat, and even more baffling, why she took that suggestion?

Jess said...

I loved Kat's new song...but yeah...her face :( She's only 27 or something for gods sake. With her botox and Priyanka's nose all in one movie I may be to distracted to actually pay attention to the movie.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl