Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Gossip!


I'm a sad Filmi Girl today because, guess what... Dirty Picture will NOT be coming to my local cinema. Instead we're getting I Am Singh, a film that I have less than no interest in... and apparently nobody else does either. I'm wondering if there was a shortage of prints because the newsletter for my local theater that I got yesterday DID say we were getting the film but the actual schedule posted says we're not. AND a few other people in different cities like Edinburgh have said they won't be getting the film, either.

It seems odd that Ekta Kapoor would have such long and loud promotions for a film that wasn't getting a genuinely wide release so... yeah, I wonder if they had a shortage of prints....

Anyways... Dirty Picture seems set to do well this weekend! Congrats to the team!

In gossip today - a handful of interviews including a gloriously smarmy Ranveer Singh and somebody got engaged...


* Will IIFA organize a special weekend for South films? (And if they do, I'm THERE!)

* Who was the real Silk Smitha?

"She looked as though she had no control over her body's ability to ooze sexuality and did not shy away from the response she evoked in men," says film historian and writer, Randor Guy, who discovered Smitha's potential when she was working in his film and television unit.

It was a remarkable transformation for a girl born to poor parents in a village in Andhra Pradesh and who travelled to Chennai (Madras), in Tamil Nadu after her marriage broke up.


* Amitabh Bachchan is taking allegations about his role in the 1984 riots seriously.

The issue regarding Amitabh’s alleged role in provoking anti-Sikh riots had come to the fore prior to the recent inauguration of “Virasat-e-Khalsa” at Anandpur Sahib. Various Sikh organisations had lodged a protest against the state government’s plan to invite the superstar to the event. Later, the Akal Takht Jathedar doused the protests by stating that no film star had been invited to the inaugural ceremony.

* Hrithik Roshan is the sexiest Asian man according to Eastern Eye. Bebo is the sexiest Asian woman!

* John Abraham talks bodies.

"Directors are not worried, like usually in the past the perception was John Abraham - the body. I think directors have put in more confidence into me and producers are also putting in complete confidence in me," John said.

* Ranveer Singh talks charm.

Did playing the character of a guy who charms women through smooth-talk come easily to you?

Yes absolutely...it's a skill I am born with so I must say I was really comfortable playing the part (laughs). I thank God for giving me this skill which has now come in handy to play Ricky Bahl.


* Manisha Koirala, whose mess of a marriage has been making headlines for a while, is returning to India for films.

* Is Rajini doing Kolaveri Di? I HOPE SO!



And pull out the popcorn - you can watch Ram Charan Teja's engagement ceremony!

3 comments:

Amaluu said...

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a bit annoyed that the two people chosen as sexiest Asian man and women barely even look Indian or Asian.

Fierysky said...

I find it interesting they call it the Sexiest Asian List when really it's the Sexiest Indian list.

Bombay Talkies said...

Fierysky--the paper is from the UK where South Asians are normally just referred to as Asian, not Indian, Pakistani, etc. In British English "Asian" doesn't include East Asians.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl