Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Gossip!


Good morning/evening, everybody!

Today in gossip... Shashi Kapoor, Vidya Balan, lady goondas, and Shiney Ahuja gets some support from a fellow jail-bird...

* Pull out your hankies... Shashi Kapoor made his first trip to the movie theater in ten years so he could see Shammi's final on screen performance.

* Catch up with Vidya Balan in Kolkata!

How does she avoid being insecure or to give up on projects when she knows that a talented lot might be waiting to nudge her out? "It is never easy to not be insecure in this profession. But I've believed that I'm here to act and have treated fame as a fringe benefit (well, a rather large benefit, I suppose). There are times when I too have made mistakes when I signed on movies because I was told that my time is now and I have to tread the beaten path. However, I don't regret making those choices now because I needed to go through this process of evolution. Finally, it's about a realization that in a world of individuals, one can't be the best. I live from one moment to another and retain my honesty of purpose," she says.

* Read Sunny Malik's charming interview with Bollywood hair stylist Pomy Hans!

* Two films, two A certificates - The Dirty Picture and Desi Boyz are for adults only.

* Sanjay Dutt showed up to support Shiney Ahuja at the Ghost music launch.

* I can honestly say that I had no interest in Department until I saw these images of Madhu Shalini playing a lady goonda.

* And I was interested in the sequel to 1920 until I saw Aftab Shivdasani. Ugh. Is there a warehouse we can store him in?

* Don 2 is not violating copyright say makers of Don 2.

* Trouble for Whistling Woods... although the write-up is kind of convoluted so I'm not sure exactly WHAT the trouble is.

The court was hearing a public interest litigation filed by Rajendra Sontakke and four agriculturists from Latur and Osmanabad alleging “gross abuse of power” by former CM Vilasrao Deshmukh in allotting land to the film academy.

* Meet Kannada villain Kishore and his fabulous mouche!

Kishore is also shooting for this Kannada film ‘Attahasa', a biopic on Veerappan. Ask him about the challenges involved in playing the forest brigand and he does not bombard you with the travails of shooting in a jungle or having to tackle the itchy extensions on his moustache. All he says is, “Every role is demanding. Every character is tough to portray. For this role, I had to lose five kgs.”

* No Salman for the Dookudu remake... I wonder who they'll get...

* And Siddharth and Shruti's Oh My Friend has turned out to be a dud.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl