Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Krishnanum Radhayum: The big Diwali hit?

A big thank you to one of my favorite commenters, OG, for dropping this in my mail box today:


Hey FG,

Did you read about the latest "Superstar" in Kerala?

A man called Santosh Pandit has just released a film called Krishnanum Radheyum in Kerala with no prior experience and made with a paltry budget of 5 lakhs.

While all other producers decided to hold back their films for Diwali, this man released his film in 3 theatres in Cochin.

The film is spectacularly bad that it is awesome.... and it has been running houseful ever since. People are queuing up to see how bad the film is........


 Now due to public demand, he has released the film in 21 theatres all over the state and calls himself the next superstar.

You should check the trailer out:



The man has done everything including direction, acting, dialogues, costumes, songs etc

This kind of thing only happens in my dear country :) surreal....

Now the man has started on his next venture titled "Jithu bai enna chocolate boy". haha!


WOW! Thank you for pointing me towards the new Mollywood superstar! I wish I could have seen the film in a theater, I'm sure it was a blast!

I have a soft spot for "maverick" filmmakers and Santosh Pandit seems like a very special kind of maverick.

It's not easy to bring a film to completion - how many of us have unfinished scripts on our harddrives? And it's also not easy to make a film that is entertaining, whether for the reasons we intend or no...


So, HAT'S OFF to Santosh Pandit!

How wonderful that the surprise hit of Diwali is a 5 lakh production from a man with a singular vision!


1 comment:

OG said...

Haha FG!

Did not think that you would write a blog post about the great man :)

I only wish that I was in Kerala now as a college student.... would have been great fun! It takes me back to old golden days....

I can imagine the scene in the theatres.... lots of people "high" on alcohol having the fun of their lives, smoking and drinking within the theatre........(been there, done that for other spectacularly bad films)


Did you check the songs on youtube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swCF4eZyyc
(a play on Lord Krishna and Radha)

Lord Krishna would curse this man till posterity if he sees this.

We, the mallu public sometimes promote and take interest in the most trivial/stupid things..... I had written a post long back about one such trivial incident involving a theatre(if you are interested)
http://quintessentialhope.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/the-poor-have-the-right-to-watch-films/

This whole thing reminded me about this incident.....

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl