Friday, November 4, 2011


Forget product tie-ins and carpet bombing television chat shows. THIS is how you promote a film to Filmi Girl - by having your lead actors in dance off for my amusement.

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE FOR?! (Hint: The correct answer is Akshay.)


OG said...

Hey FG,

Bollywood has really taken to youtube to promote the films. We nowadays see so many different marketing gimmicks and some of them are really impressive...... like this one.

I only wish, our SI industry would also take to youtube and learn from Bollywood. We are still stuck in the music launch/trailer release and nothing else mode......

Filmi Girl said...

I liked this concept a lot - it's very clever and fun. I can't think of any other films who are doing anything like this.

What I really am growing to dislike are when films dump numerous 10s or 15s teasers all over the place - dialogue or otherwise. It gets to be too much...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl