Today in gossip - Bagwati comes back to delight us again; Lady Gaga is unavailable for Ra.ra.ra.ra.1; some of my favorite punching bags return to the gossip pages; and a couple of very interesting casting rumors...
* Read an interesting piece about high class branding in Hindi film.
Kal Ho Naa Ho, or “Tomorrow May or May Not Come,” was the first Hindi film to feature a character carrying a President Classeur monogrammed briefcase by Louis Vuitton. “It was a windfall gain for Louis Vuitton. I think they sold about 50 of those President briefcases” after that movie in 2003, Mr. Johar said.
* The declining rupee is a boon to overseas Bollywood returns.
* Ra-ra-ra-a-a... Lady Gaga is not available for the Ra.1 premiere. And I'm not the only one concerned about Shahrukh's promotion-gasm.
Even though he’s got so much going for him, SRK doesn’t look very comfortable. Every other night he is on a reality TV show promoting his film. And instead of his usual energetic self, he looks jaded, tired and exhausted.
* What happened to the Class of 2001?
Bipasha Basu also entered filmdom in the same year with Abbas-Mustan`s Ajnabee. Then she featured in big commercial success films like Raaz and Jism. She became the talk of the town when she performed item numbers "Beedi Jalaile" and "Namak ishq ka" for 2006 film "Omkara". Bipasha will next be seen in international venture "Singularity" alongside Hollywood star Josh Hartnett.
* Miss India International Esha Gupta will be yet another model-debutant in Jannat 2. According to Wikipedia, she was supposed to have debuted in 2009 with Upen Patel - back when Upen Patel was the next big thing - but it appears the film never came out. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
* Choreographer-director Remo D'Souza is in hospital.
* The man I love to rag on... Zayed Khan!
There is a certain culture we come from and we can't compromise that culture if it doesn't make sense aesthetically. LBZ is a kind of film where you'll see a different kind of romance. Yes, romance will be silence; romance can be just by touching someone's hand or fingers. It's all about moments. The new generation is rebellious and we are giving them a good reason to rebel.
Okay... can you imagine Zayed Khan developing enough acting chops in the past couple years to be able to convey romance by touching somebody's hand or fingers? Yeah, me neither.
Zayed!! Just go back to being third hero in your friends' films again! I like you so much better than Neil Nitin Mukesh and he seems set to take over that role in Bollywood if you don't stop him. That should have been you in Players with AB Jr.!!!
* Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan together again?
* Akshay Kumar and Ashutosh Gowarikar? THAT could be an interesting pairing. Just please let Akki be able to tell him Ashutosh to trim, trim, trim to that run-time.
* Catch up with Bhavana, Golden Star Ganesh's latest heroine in Romeo.
* Another Romeo - Shortcut Romeo will have Ameesha Patel and Neil Nitin Mukesh paired up. That's a jodi that inspires almost as much excitement as Dia Mirza and Zayed Khan! It's a good thing Ameesha's survival doesn't depend on films.
“My survival is not dependent on movies. After doing some brilliant films in the past, I can’t afford to do something mediocre just because someone tells me that ‘this is what that sells’,” she adds.
* Fardeen's drug charges have been reduced.
TRAILER FOR Velayudham which looks FREAKING AWESOME!