Today in gossip - London folks may want to check the weather forecast because it's going to be RAINING KHAN; more Ra.1 promo shenanigans; absolutely the WORST interview I've ever read with Ranbir Kapoor; tantalizing images of Vidya doing her Dirty Picture; and MORE!
* O ho! London folks may be getting some Khan later this month - AAMIR Khan!
* SRK is shooting a new video for "Raftaarein." He is also threatening to release an "extended version" of the film... if it does well enough at the box office. Can the world handle that much Perm.One?
(And apparently the film isn't finished yet? That seems really strange to me. Haven't they been working on this for like forever? We've certainly been hearing about it FOREVER.)
* Race 2 is being pushed back, which may shake up the casting a bit. Understandably it seems Deepika is prioritizing Rana and Sonakshi is prioritizing Dabangg 2... and if Saifu isn't careful he could end up with some seriously C-list heroines. Paging Sophie Chaudhary... your lucky break is waiting on soundstage 2.
* It seems MAMI had an open forum on gay issues in film. Tarun Mansukhani defended Dostana.
Defending both -- his film and other stereotypical portrayals that could have been more honest -- he added: "If you scream from the rooftops in favour of gay issues, it will not work. Give it some time. Let us begin by having some fun with it. The time will come when the nation would open up and we'd see their true and sensitive representation in commercial cinema."
I actually agree with him. Let people normalize the idea; get used to it; and then slowly phase in more gay characters. That moment with John Abraham and Kirron Kher in Dostana where she accepts him as her "daughter-in-law" remains one of the most touching things I've seen.
* Hrithik is in hospital for a back injury.
* Shakti Kapoor gets down to some booty work on Bigg Boss 5.
* Trouble for Kerala cinemas.
* Aamir Khan is rumored to be interested in remaking 7aam Arivu with Shruti Haasan.
* Arjun Mathur - who I've been a fan of since Luck By Chance - is upset that his role was cut in My Friend Pinto.
* Read the world's most annoying interview with Ranbir Kapoor, in which the interviewer declines to ask him anything of interest and instead grills him on his girlfriends and tries to demand that Ranbir be BFF with Imran Khan.
Why do we keep hearing about your on/off friendship with Imran Khan?
I respect him, he is a nice, mature person, but we have never been the best of friends. We all know each other Prateik, Shahid, me, Imran. Trying to pit us against each other is exaggerated; it is fun because it drives us both to work hard.
That's a great answer, Ranbir, very diplomatic! But let me take a crack at it - we keep hearing about this on-off friendship that doesn't exist because JOURNALISTS LIKE YOU KEEP MAKING UP STORIES ABOUT IT. Save that stuff for your RPF where it belongs.
7aam Arivu song promo! I CAN'T WAIT! I am DEFINITELY choosing this over Ra.1 if I get the choice.
The making of the Dirty Picture poster! That Tusshar is a lucky, lucky man...
I have no idea what the voice over is saying here but it did get me pumped up for Panjaa! I have a feeling we'll be seeing some dishoom-dishoom...