Today in gossip - the role of the burqa; some casting news; and... a Pithamagan remake? Find out more!
* Great line up at the Prague India Festival!
Films with the widest appeal will be in the main hall at Světozor. According to Špaček, the highlight of this year’s festival is Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, (One Life to Live). “It’s a Bollywood road movie about how a seemingly ordinary vacation in Spain can change the lives of three men,” he told Czech Position.
* Oh, Beth... you know I love you but is writing about wacky costumes from 1970s films really relevant to Bollywood today? Aren't you afraid it's just going to confirm stereotypes people have that Bollywood is kitchy and outdated? What about the Oscar fuss or SRK's Ra.1 promotion-gasm or Akshay's Breakaway or what's happening with Bigg Boss 5? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of your column...
* Force is still kicking butt at the box office... and Vipul Shah is looking to do another solo hero project with John after Force did so well. The article frames it like Akshay is "mad" about this, which seems like TOTAL CRAP to me... but then, what do I know.
* Anum Pasha talks about the burqa in the media.
Pakistani comedian Saad Haroon’s attempt at making Pakistanis laugh is Burqa Woman, a parody of Roy Orbison’s Pretty Woman, already reaching nearly 200,000 hits on Youtube as he sings, “Burqa woman, I love you still…come on and give me a thrill…show me your left nostril.” The video features a young man wooing a burqa-clad woman, coaxing her with words, “my desi penguin” and continuing that he will “go home and practice with his living room curtain.”
* Fardeen Khan pleads not guilty to 10-year old charges of buying cocaine.
* Subhash Ghai is dipping his toe into Sandalwood by producing a film by Hemanth Hegde.
* File this under... potentially awful idea - Pithamagan remake.
* SRK's Ra.1 promotion-gasm skips Bigg Boss.
* Sanjay Leela Bhansali wants to be part of the young generation. I think My Friend Pinto AND Rowdy Rathore have the potential to be quite good. Let's see if SLB can reboot himself.
* No more Race 2 for Dippy?
* Shahid doing a tribute to Shammi Kapoor? Yes, please!
* VVC isn't selling out Munnabhai to Hollywood.
Is anybody else morbidly obsessed with UTV Stars?
SONAM'S MAKE-UP VAN!
RANBIR DOES THE TOWEL DANCE FOR TWO GIGGLY GIRLS!