Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday gosssssip!

Good morning, everyone! I'm actually a bit under the weather at the moment and have a nasty cold, but I hope everybody who was celebrating had a wonderful Diwali!

I know that one or two people will be disappointed at this but... I decided for my health and sanity (and after reading almost every review out there, positive AND negative) that I probably shouldn't see that movie that everybody is talking about, even to satisfy my curiosity. To be fair, some of the negative reviews are picking on things that don't usually bother me - inclusion of songs, broad comedy, and massive plot holes. But both positive and negative reviews mention one thing - Shahrukh's manic energy, which is something I find really unpalatable. I like Akshay Kumar enough to give him a pass for a joke about "over enthusiastic" air port security screening in Kambakkht Ishq but I know that the same kind of joke by Shahrukh would infuriate me. It's not "fair" but personal taste is never "fair."

So, knowing that I found Shahrukh's sentimental/comedy act in Kal Ho Naa Ho extremely off-putting and his cool-dude/nerd act in Rab Ne Bana De Jodi so annoying that I turned off the movie an hour in and felt no desire to finish it, it's safe to say that if Shahrukh's manic energy is the glue that holds This Movie together, then it will not be to my taste.

BUT, it seems that if you DO enjoy Shahrukh's act then this is a hugely entertaining film... even if it is not really The Future Of Hindi Cinema, but nobody was really expecting that from Anubhav Sinha anyways.

Fair enough, Shahrukh Fans?

On to gossip - not much happening but a few new trailers!!!


* Review round-up of The Movie from The Wall Street Journal.

In case you’ve been living high in the Himalayas without access to YouTube, a cellphone, the Internet, or even word of mouth, let us bring you the exciting news that a new Shah Rukh Khan movie, Ra.One, debuted in cinemas on Diwali.

(Bada-bing! I couldn't resist - this made me giggle.)

* Now that all the reviews have been released, the industry is holding it's breath on collections - seems as if first day did not beat Bodyguard despite what had been reported earlier by a certain trade analyst.

* Dharmendra tries to maintain a private private life. Quel novelty!

"They (people) call me media shy. I am media shy because I don't want so much exposure. We make films, they work and people like them, that's enough for me. I try to maintain my privacy; that's why we don't make so many public appearances,"

Oh, I love you for this, Dharmendra! I wish more actors took this route these days.

* Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl will debut at the Dubai Film Festival!

* Tell Me O Kkuda reviews have started to trickle out and word on the street is that the highlight is a "gripping camel race" in the first half.

* Ronit Roy was arrested for a traffic accident.



Osthi trailer looks pretty BOSS! Dabangg with fewer muscles but more dancing!



Panjaa teaser...



Did somebody say Vikram?!

I love when he opens his shirt and a music note flies out of it.

3 comments:

Robo Da Tech Doc said...

Thanks for the Osthi and Rajapattai trailer - both look awesome.

Thelondongirl said...

Hope you feel better soon, silly change of season. Bah. I totally agree with you on the not seeing a movie whose main actor you are not too fond of. there have been many a Sallu offering that I have watched and thought "I'll never get that time back, I could have been doing something productive like painting my nails or removing fluff from my belly button" all the best to you.

ved said...

Filmy girl,i can understand your reasons for not wanting to watch that movie but your readers do like your honest reviews.So give us one !!!
BTW,despite it having the biggest ever release it has fallen behind bodyguard in collections.SRK works best in KJO and chopra banner movies and thats what he should stick to doing.He still put out an all out effort to promote the movie and we should give him credit for that.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl