Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Gossip!

I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders... the long hurricane of promotional activities for R*** is over! And knowing Farhan Akhtar, we won't be seeing something on the same magnitude for Don 2... at least until just a few weeks beforehand. So, everybody take a deep breath and enjoy the calm!


Today in gossip - ROWDY RATHORE, casting news for Kangana and Malaika and Mallika, the Chhote Nawab is now the actual Nawab of Pataudi, and more!

* By now everybody has made up their minds on whether or not they enjoyed the film (or wanted to see the film) but one piece worth checking out today is this one on the odd battle between Shahrukh fans and Salman fans.

Recently, after having panned Bodyguard in my review of the film, I was sent a barrage of comments from Salman Khan fans, accusing me of being part of the Shah Rukh camp. On Twitter, Shah Rukh fans wrote to me, complimenting my critiquing skills and making it clear that Ra.One was the film I should really look forward to.

For the last three days, following my review of R*** — which I consider to be a half-baked attempt at the sci-fi genre, and an opportunity squandered — the same Shah Rukh fans are convinced I am the worst film critic there can be.

But I wonder how much of this is driven by the media, which has been pushing the box office comparisons with Bodyguard like crazy. Final numbers - didn't beat Bodyguard.

* Speaking of - Don 2 is getting converted to 3D.

* Saif Ali Khan is now the 10th Nawab of Pataudi.

* Kangana Ranaut is signed on for Krrish 3! This should be interesting. She and Hritihk shared a nice chemistry in Kites.

* Rishi Kapoor's character in Student of the Year is gay! Now this is a juicy piece of news!! We'll have to see if it's Anupam Kher "comedy uncle" gay or regular person gay.

* Whoa, whoa, whoa... Bebo's character in Heroine is allegedly schizophrenic? Why don't we all just go watch Woh Lamhe again?

* Rockstar is facing a copyright dispute claim.

* Joker is set for August 30th 2012!

* Priyanka Chopra's music career is causing her directors trouble... in that she is in Los Angeles and won't return to Mumbai to continue shooting.

* Sonu Sood and Mallika Sherawat in his home production Lucky Unlucky.

* The other Malaika... Arora Khan... is getting a new item song for Housefull 2, which is something for us all to look forward to!

In the song, Malla will don six different outfits ranging from desi to western. She says, "It's been over a year since Munni happened and everyone has been asking me about my next time song. When Sajid (Khan) offered me the Anarkali song, I fell in love with it and said yes."



Check out a backstage look of Akshay as ROWDY RATHORE!



And the trailer for OKOK - which I have no idea what its about but I like the song playing in the background.

3 comments:

OG said...

Hey FG,

I am excited about OKOK (oru kal, oru kannadi).

It is director Rajesh's third film and if his previous 2 films are anything to go by, this also promises to be a great comedy film.

The film also stars comedian Santhanam who is just awesome (in the other 2 films as well).

Approx translations of the teaser clip from memory:

Santhanam (initial commentary): My dear friends, I am about to tell you a story and I respectfully ask you all to understand the "meaning" of the story and use it in your life!

Santhanam: This is me (pointing to his plastic cup).

Stalin: OK.

Santhanam: Now this is meera (pouring alcohol into cup).

Stalin: OK.

santhanam: Now, this is you (pouring water into cup).

Santhanam: Now you two guys have become one (mixing the contents of the cup).

(Now he drinks it and throws away the cup)

Santhanam: Now you two guys are close to my heart, but where am I?

Stalin: Dude, in the dustbin.

Santhanam: Correct! That is the life!

------
Santhanam is just awesome!

Filmi Girl said...

@OG You are my hero! It looked cute and I liked the feel of it but when trailers are dialogue-heavy I am lost. :)

It sounds like a good one. I will look for Rajesh's other two films. I bet there are subtitles for those.

OG said...

haha!

FG, comedy as a genre is the hardest to understand in any language that one does not understand! Best of Luck!

I liked Boss Engira Baskaran (second film) more than the first film, Siva Manasula Shakti.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl