Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Gossip!


Today in gossip - TONS of Akshay Kumar goodness; some assorted casting news; Mahesh Babu's husbandly skills; and a funny story about Govinda and Javed Jaffrey that (if I were writing it) would most definitely end in a dance off!

* Just ignore all the stuff about Sonakshi and Ranveer's alleged "real life" link-up (that was made up by the media) and concentrate on the fact that they will be co-starring in a film. I hope.

* I really like how Rohit Dhawan describes the friendship of his Desi Boyz.

"See, even in the film they are not projected as two of those regular everyday 'yo dude' kind of buddies," continues Rohit, "However the way they would be shown meeting each other, the warmth they feel for each other would show. Audience would there and then get it that these are two guys who really care for each other. Instances of these would be in some of those scenes where they are merely shown having beer with each other or simply chatting or going to work-they fit in really well and how. Now that's the kind of chemistry I wanted for my Desi Boyz and Akshay-John's presence only accentuated the overall appeal."

Is this not the greatest tribute to dostana ever?!

* Until I read this, it didn't occur to me that Akshay and Prabhu Deva might have a difficult time finding a working relationship. Eight to ten days, according to this. I haven't interview anybody who worked with Prabhu Deva as a director but as an actor he is apparently extremely spontaneous.

Not to mention with Sanjay Leela Bhansali producing, the visuals are going to be distinctive... things like handmade posters.

I'm really curious about this film.

* Hera Pheri 3 is on hold indefinitely.

* And the Khiladi is returning next Diwali - story by Himesh Reshemmiya.

* Namrata Shirodkar gives the inside scoop on Mahesh Babu, husband. He is the boss.

Was he instrumental in your decision to give up acting?

They call it love (laughs). He was clear that he didn't want a working wife.


* Sonakshi is out and Jacqueline is in for Race 2.

* I might have linked to this already but I love this news so I don't care - Cherry and AR Murugadoss are a match made in heaven.

* This really amused me but the director should have used Govinda and Javed Jaffrey's rivalry to give us something that we all want - a dance off.

* How is Neil Nitin Mukesh still getting lead roles? Haven't we as an audience rejected him pretty unanimously? Still, Ameesha Patel in a negative role might be worth the price of a ticket.

* Prakash Raaj in Dabangg 2!

* Apparently 7aum Arivu will have the second largest opening for a Tamil film since Endhiran!



I'm not sure if Mahankali: The Punisher would be exactly my thing but the trailer is OFF THE HOOK! (Turn up the bass!)

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl