* Ghazal singer Jagjit Singh has passed away.
* Reliance is joining with Disney.
* The New York Times has an interesting little video up about Indian brass bands... and how the band members get little respect from people.
* Ooo! Ranveer Singh in a thriller? YES PLEASE!
* I may be tired of romantic films but Mod actually sounds interesting...
Says Nagesh Kukunoor:
"Well, Mod is a love story but it is not the kind you see in Bollywood today. For me love stories work only when characters are mismatched and the journey of falling in love is equally important if not more than the actual act of falling in love. If you as the audience already know yes these two people are already made for each other then the fun is lost..."
* Aamir Khan: law abiding citizen.
* Pakistani actor Adeel Ch is going to try his luck in Bollywood.
* Piggy Chops was voted best dressed in India.
* Tell Me O Khuda seems more and more like it's about Hema and not Esha.
* Vidya Balan is out of a Sunny Deol starrer.
* The Bombay Talkies may be revived.
* Joginder Tuteja speculates on heroine rankings. He's got Kat and Bebo up on top and a mass of ladies clamoring to take them down.
This is where competition intensifies between Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha and Sonam Kapoor. Of course they can't be looking at displacing Kareena and Katrina from the position where they are today, mainly because of the wide difference in experience and the sheer volume of films done by them. But the least they can do is to prepare for their move up in the ladder.
* Silly me, I thought number 1 was always going to be Rekha
"I live on my own terms and make my own rules. My principles of ‘Rekha-ism’, if you please, don’t feel the need to announce every incident that transpires in the course of the day. Sorry, but I am not that little birdie that ‘twitters’. But of course I’ve lived many lifetimes in one and shall share the experiences in my own unique way, all in good time."
* Shiney Ahuja was a ghost at the launch of his new film Ghost - i.e. he didn't show up.
His co-star seems like a real peach. Sayali Bhagat is banking on her bikini body and making a lot of noise refuting sexual harassment charges.