Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Day Off to Me!


Somebody (i.e. me) partied a little too hardy at her birthday party last night and so I'm taking the day off from posting today but I wanted to pop in and thank everybody for their wonderful messages. I was really overwhelmed. I started this blog as an outlet for my ramblings about Indian film but have kept it up because of encouragement from all of you. Nobody blogs in a vacuum - or if they do, they're doing it wrong - and everybody reading this is just as much a part of this blog as I am.

I don't talk much about myself on here, mostly because you would find it VERY uninteresting but today I will share that there have been times when I was feeling very low and very alone but knowing that there so many wonderful people out in the world who have reached out to me has really been a comfort. I honestly couldn't tell you why I became so emotionally involved in popular Indian film, except that the pure joy that I can take while watching a particularly good masala film is a feeling I've never been able to duplicate in any other pop culture experience. Good masala is my heroine... to steal a pun from Force.

Anyways, in lieu of gossip today, I wanted to share with you my special birthday tweets - including some great Pakistani birthday songs - and a very, very special tweet from a certain favorite actor of mine...




arshad warsi

@
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear... Wishing u a super year ahead....

Does it get better than this? THANK YOU, EVERYBODY!

Read more below the cut...



Jattin Kapoor

@
Happy birthday to U, Haaaaapppppy Birthday to u, Health, wealth happiness and bliss dear friend :)



Danny Bowes

And a very, very happy birthday to you. :)




Dishoom

More Pakistani Birthday songs for


Dishoom

And Finally, the most Epic! Happy Filmi Birthday to

(This song had great birthday hats...)



pitobash

@
Happy birthday in advance...:)


(THANK YOU, my friend! And now I owe you some cake and cookies via post since you couldn't attend... be sure to drop me your address and I'll send them off.)


Milap Javeri

@
happy birthday!


Bastard Keith

@
Happy birthday, FG. Still the best in the game.

Asim Burney

it's your birthday??? Happy birthday diva :-) hope you have the bestest day EVER

Sami Saayer

@
happy birthday. hope u see less of harman baweja and more or this year

Celebrate this beautiful day who have seen the awaken coming of your being ! Enjoy freedom of your heart, hug and thoughts.




wish u a very happy and joyous birthday diva. :)




Ani

Happy birthday!!! Stay fabulous :D


Athar Rafique

@
..Happy Birthday..Hope this year bring alot of happiness in ur life :) and more knowledge..

JAYSINN NINO BROWN

@
happy bday! Make it a good one!

Aurora ツ ☂

happy bday girl xoxo! :)

Sunny Malik

A very Happy Birthday to :)

Kavvvv

HAPPY Birthday to my absolutely favorite blogger. Start and end my day with your filminess. I Love what u do!!

Calena

@
A super-happy bday! Enjoy!

Umair Babar

@
Happy Birthday Filmi Gori :) Mine just over 30 mns ago...

(And a VERY Happy Birthday to you, too, Umair! Libras rock!)



thebollywoodfan

@
Happy birthday!


Meena Ansari

HAppy Birthday to my most FAV Bollywood blogger . I ADORE your blog! Read it everyday!

William Johnson

Everyone wish my beautiful friend a happy birthday. May she stay eternally young.

algorithmgeek

many many happy returns of the day .. ur blog is excellent

Vera Wessel

Happy Birthday! :o)

Mo Pitz

Happy Birthday ! OMG OMG OMG DID SERIOUSLY JUST TWEET AT YOU OMG OMG OMG! ;) But, for real, you're amazing! HBFG!

(YES AND OMG!)

Ain Farizan

Wish your biggest fan a Happy Birthday-ji :)

(AH I WOULD DIE IF THAT HAPPENED... so it's probably for the best he is never on Twitter.)



Arun

Anbe Anbe from Dhaam Dhoom. ( birthday special :P)


shellie

@
im late but hope u can read thru ur wine enduced stupor to see my birthday wishes! love u...hope u had the best day ever! xoxoxo

Ayush Sharan

@
happy birthday.. lil late ;)

(It is NEVER too late... thank you!)



Sravy

@
Janam din mubarak ho:)


Vanessa

@
wait! What? I MISSED IT! Happy belated birthday then! I vote you keep the party going for...a week? At least? ;)

(Excellent idea! BIRTHDAY ALL WEEK!)



క్రిష్ణ భార్గవ్

@
Happy birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) Sorry was away from twitter since yday


Sumit kumar

@
sory sory sory..so late for u..happy belated b'day..hope u had a blast!!

And saving the best for last...



Hard Kaur

@
Happy Birthday to you.may u have da best year and many more to come xoxo mwah

Oh, I'm a HAPPY GIRL today!

5 comments:

Nerdypanda said...

Happy birthday. Wow u got Arhad warsi wishing you b-day too. Lucky lady :D

Amita said...

Happy Birthday! Have been a silent reader for long. Yours is the first page I visit every morning. Love it.

Moimeme said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Filmi Girl!! As one of your tweeters suggested, you should celebrate it all week to give a chance for stragglers like me to give you their wishes, too. :) I'm so happy that you got birthday wishes from Arshad Warsi and Hard Kaur. Next year I hope it will be Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif, too!

I can't give you a present online, so let me tell you that yours is the best Bollywood blog on the net -- and I have checked them all out. I especially like it because you bring the non-desi perspective without any condescension or preconceived notions. Even when I disagree with you, I always respect your point of view, because I know it's genuine.

Have a great year!

eliza bennet said...

A belated Happy Birthday :) Many happy returns!

bollywooddeewana said...

Happy Belated Birthday Filmi Girl, here's to many more glorious years ahead, hope you had a fab one.....xx

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl