Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Gossip!

Today in gossip - Casting news for Dippy; do you want to make fraaaaaaandships? (seriously, guys, don't answer that); Dia Mirza preps us for a future Box Office Poison entry; and MORE!


* Russell Peters is abrasive.

"I hate Bollywood. The movies are all garbage, just terrible. It's my opinion, obviously there are billions who like and love them. I don't like all the singing, dancing and all the dramatic crying. I have never seen a Bollywood film in my life. I have refused doing it earlier and will do so in future. But I hope some filmmakers take a chance of making real movies," Peters told PTI.

* Could we consider the Ameesha Patel-Neil Nitin Mukesh jodi to be C-list competition for Dia Mirza-Zayed Khan? Ameesha playing a spoiled, rich girl I'm on board with. She does that very well. But NNM as a tapori guy? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is going to be painful.

* Dia Mirza talks about her upcoming (future Box Office Poison entry) film.

After hearing the script I thought that the time has come to make this movie ourselves and make it the way we believe it should be made. It's safe to say that we were really attached to the story. When people saw the layouts of our campaign they came up with things like - it looks like a Woody Allen film; it's like any Hollywood movie, etc. But we stuck to saying that what you see is what you get. The colours that were seen on the poster were the colours of our movie. I can't wait for you to see the movie now (smiles). When people see LBZ they will not believe that a first time production house has made this movie. I'm really proud of the way it's come together.

* Reminisce with Vyjayanthimala!

"I still relish those golden memories. I left the industry once I got married to Dr. Bali in 1968. Offers kept on pouring in, but we had decided that I wouldn't work any more. Being a housewife is also a big profession and it comes with a huge responsibility: so is working in the industry. I preferred not to mix them up," said Vyjayanthimala, who now stays in Triplicane in Chennai.

* And then reminisce with Mahesh Bhatt.

"The society has certain norms and people who do not follow them are termed illegitimate. My father was a Brahmin and my mother was a Muslim and it does not fit in to the societal definition of a family. Hence, I have also been called an illegitimate child," Bhatt told reporters.

* Deepika signs on a film with Farah Khan and Salman Khan. While I'm not particularly fond of Deepika, I know Farah will be able to get a great performance out of her and, besides, who cares about starlets when SALMAN is on screen, too! ETA: SHIRISH KUNDER has tweeted that this story is false. Now, the question is, who planted it?

* Amitabh Bachchan gives out a a fake phone number on KBC and all hell breaks loose for the fellow who owns it.

Harassed by the constant calls and streams of SMSs, Wahi has slapped a legal notice on Amitabh and Sony TV. "I am at my wits' end. I feel like committing suicide. I will seek a compensation of at least Rs.50 lakh from the TV channel and the host for this harassment and constant mental agony," Wahi said.

* This is a mess of an article but it seems to be saying that there are rumors of a Zanjeer remake (WHY?) starring Ram Charan Teja. Um... yeah. I don't know what to do with that information.

* The Censor Board is opting for muting swears instead of 'beep'ing them.

* Technology spells bad news for body doubles.

* Mausam is in trouble with the Railway Board. Hopefully this won't affect the release.

* Norman, the Bollywood cop, cashes in.

Song promo!



Lord help me, this film looks fun! "Do you want to make fraaaaandships?"

3 comments:

Michael Barnum said...

How can Russell Peters hate Bollywood movies if he has never seen one? I don't get it. I so dislike his kind of attitude.

Yunus Perveez said...

I really hope Dia Mirza can share some of the stuff she's smoking. Must be some crazy ish!

Whose the team behind this mujhe se Fraandship karoge? Seeing quite a bit of advertising. none of it appeals to me. I know you love these college campus flicks though

Emily said...

Russell Peters has never seen a Bollywood movie but he knows they're all terrible?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl