Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Gossip


Today in gossip - clueless star comments; Ranbir's tribute to Shammi Kapoor; Mausam held up by Censor Board; Kangana is losing the press battle against Sanjay Dutt; and more!!


* Oh, Zayed, Zayed, Zayed... not taking your work seriously was not the problem - there is a little thing called "talent."

In spite of working with the biggest stars and best production houses in the industry, the Main Hoon Na actor’s career didn’t pan out as he desired. Which makes LBZ his comeback vehicle of sorts. Zayed agrees, “Resurrecting or coming back, I don’t know how you put it, but yes, I am definitely looking at my work more seriously.”

* And his erstwhile Main Hoon Na co-star is also giving some clueless interviews these days. I really don't know what is up with SRK...

Speaking on the sidelines of the audio release function of his sci-fi movie Ra.One, Mr. Khan said, “French, Polish, German and Italian cinema are already facing this situation as they have lost space to Hollywood. I am not taking on Hollywood. I want to ensure Indian kids and youngsters keep watching Indian films in future. My son doesn't find me cool enough. We cannot just keep talking about an Indian imprint. We have to ensure that the Indian kids are proud of Indian culture. Inception was a huge hit in the country.”

I don't know how a big a hit Inception [that movie sucked] was but don't forget that Bodyguard was just a huge hit, too. So, are you ensuring Indian kids are proud of Indian culture or just of your films OR, more likely, it's just the kids in that rarified upper social class that you are part of that think Western stuff is cooler than Indian stuff. I have a feeling that if you asked the average man on the street who Leo DiCaprio was they wouldn't know but Salman-bhai? *whistle whistle*

* Along the same lines, appeals to save pop music mean nothing. If you're begging the audience, it's too late and people don't care. Instead of begging, why not give them a song to care about? Has anybody heard Ganesh Hegde's album? Is it any good?

* Apparently, the character that Amitabh is playing in The Great Gatsby was based on a real Jewish gangster.

* How much is your favorite star getting paid to tweet?

I checked the website that the article lists... Ram Gopal Varma will set you back $435 for a tweet.

* Rockstar benefits from Censor Board inconsistency.

* But Mausam has been held up. Screenings were canceled in Toronto because the film wasn't clear in time to make the Toronto film festival, which is going on now.

* Ramesh Sippy directing again?

* And Sajid Khan is hooking up with Ajay Devgn for a film that I will probably enjoy in spite of myself.

* Ugh... the media is back to picking on Bebo's weight. I hope she ignores them. I think she is looking better than ever!

* This whole Kangana-Sanjay Dutt feud is getting old. Now she is refusing to dub for Rascals - probably because they kept her out of the title song.

* Shilpa Shetty will be doing Odissi dance in her upcoming film The Desire!

* And Challenging Star Darshan is denied bail.



A little teaser for Ranbir's tribute to Shammi Kapoor!

6 comments:

Chrism929 said...

Was SRK really that incoherent? In his media interviews he does tend to parrot the same canned lines and really dumb jokes (and I'm so tired of hearing about how his son doesn't approve of him), while in other kinds of interviews and speeches he's often brilliant. But I've been concerned about him for some time. He seems to have really gotten out of synch ever since about the time the Inner and Outer World documentaries were made; or maybe that's just when I began to see it. I'd rather be naive, and have my Hero!

anitarama said...

Actually my family and friends in India watch more Western movies and TV shows than I do and they are not upper class at all. I understand the point SRK is trying to make but it is completely lost in that ramble of non-sequiturs.

Filmi Girl said...

@chrism929 It is very possible he was 'edited' for clarity by the author of that article but still... :/

@anitarama Thank for sharing! I need people to set me straight when I make off-the-map remarks. :)

Divya said...

WTH Bollywood media! Kareena looks glowing and healthy and finally as gorgeous as she did during her Asoka days and you guys want her to go back to her cadaver look-alike size zero. When will they realize that some girls were never meant to be a size 0 and all this weight craze is having a serious effect on young girls. Oh right...who cares how the fatties feel. :(

Sal said...

I think Kareena looked great in Tashan and looks great now. The scary part, though, is that her body in Chammak Challo (in which she looks GORGEOUS) is being described as fat. Seriously, Indian media? She is healthy and toned; would you rather be able to count her ribs?

Bluemay said...

I see SRK's point and agree with anitarama. Kudos to SRK for trying to appeal to the Indian youth with an Indian made movie to show it is on par with anything Hollywood churns out.

BTW Filmi, I may have to avoid you for a couple days after your dissed Inception (brilliant) and my beloved Christopher Nolan. How could you? [Insert crying emoticon here]. I'm trying to recover as I type this....

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl