Today in gossip - clueless star comments; Ranbir's tribute to Shammi Kapoor; Mausam held up by Censor Board; Kangana is losing the press battle against Sanjay Dutt; and more!!
* Oh, Zayed, Zayed, Zayed... not taking your work seriously was not the problem - there is a little thing called "talent."
In spite of working with the biggest stars and best production houses in the industry, the Main Hoon Na actor’s career didn’t pan out as he desired. Which makes LBZ his comeback vehicle of sorts. Zayed agrees, “Resurrecting or coming back, I don’t know how you put it, but yes, I am definitely looking at my work more seriously.”
* And his erstwhile Main Hoon Na co-star is also giving some clueless interviews these days. I really don't know what is up with SRK...
Speaking on the sidelines of the audio release function of his sci-fi movie Ra.One, Mr. Khan said, “French, Polish, German and Italian cinema are already facing this situation as they have lost space to Hollywood. I am not taking on Hollywood. I want to ensure Indian kids and youngsters keep watching Indian films in future. My son doesn't find me cool enough. We cannot just keep talking about an Indian imprint. We have to ensure that the Indian kids are proud of Indian culture. Inception was a huge hit in the country.”
I don't know how a big a hit Inception [that movie sucked] was but don't forget that Bodyguard was just a huge hit, too. So, are you ensuring Indian kids are proud of Indian culture or just of your films OR, more likely, it's just the kids in that rarified upper social class that you are part of that think Western stuff is cooler than Indian stuff. I have a feeling that if you asked the average man on the street who Leo DiCaprio was they wouldn't know but Salman-bhai? *whistle whistle*
* Along the same lines, appeals to save pop music mean nothing. If you're begging the audience, it's too late and people don't care. Instead of begging, why not give them a song to care about? Has anybody heard Ganesh Hegde's album? Is it any good?
* Apparently, the character that Amitabh is playing in The Great Gatsby was based on a real Jewish gangster.
* How much is your favorite star getting paid to tweet?
I checked the website that the article lists... Ram Gopal Varma will set you back $435 for a tweet.
* Rockstar benefits from Censor Board inconsistency.
* But Mausam has been held up. Screenings were canceled in Toronto because the film wasn't clear in time to make the Toronto film festival, which is going on now.
* Ramesh Sippy directing again?
* And Sajid Khan is hooking up with Ajay Devgn for a film that I will probably enjoy in spite of myself.
* Ugh... the media is back to picking on Bebo's weight. I hope she ignores them. I think she is looking better than ever!
* This whole Kangana-Sanjay Dutt feud is getting old. Now she is refusing to dub for Rascals - probably because they kept her out of the title song.
* Shilpa Shetty will be doing Odissi dance in her upcoming film The Desire!
* And Challenging Star Darshan is denied bail.
A little teaser for Ranbir's tribute to Shammi Kapoor!