Today in gossip - NOTHING related to Ra.1! Happy everybody? I feel like I should start ignoring stories about the film as they are just getting me frustrated with the promotions. So enjoy some odds and ends of stories - like Saif needing styling tips from Bebo and Prateik Babbar's amazing sounding upcoming films.
* Your must-read of today is this amazing review of From Gandhi To Hitler. It catches the absurdity of the film without resorting to cheap jokes and lazy stereotypes.
* Beth's new Bollywood column is on the Chicago South Asian Film Festival! I wish I could attend...
* Nobody is more feminist than me but slut walks aren't helping anything and seems a poor way to protest the arrest of Bobby Darling and the other people at the so-called 'gay party.'
* Dibakar Banerjee wants Bollywood to stop catering to the English-speaking audience.
"I think there`s so much within India, in the interiors of India. There is a large pool of talent in the country and so many local stories waiting to be told. But we need to stop being elitist and stop catering just to the English-speaking market. That endangers the existing talent in the nooks and corners of the country."
But hasn't that talent just gone on to regional films?
* Is Aamir rethinking the cop uniform look in Dhuan?
* Who are the most expensive actors in Tamil cinema?
With corporate houses now making headway in Kollywood, budgets have increased tremendously. Though Bollywood has seen numerous films with various actors cross the 100 crore mark, in Chennai, only Superstar Rajinikanth can possibly lay claim to that feat. Behind him, three leading heroes - Vijay, Suriya and Ajith - are said to be in the 15 crore category.
* Producer Vinod Bachchan is trying to stop the Tanu Weds Manu sequel.
* Sonam apparently can't stand Shahid - which is kind of hilarious and may turn out well on screen. Sometimes those angry sparks make the BEST romantic films.
* And did Imran piss everybody off by inviting 'outsiders' to his filmi success party?
* Chitrangada Singh is going to have to gain weight to play a Partition Era girl.
* Prateik Babbar's upcoming UP films sound fantastic - something called Miland Talkies and an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
* As does this Ajay Devgn-Anushka Sharma starrer.
* Saif Ali Khan mistakenly thinks he shouldn't take styling tips from Bebo.
"I never take dressing or styling tips from Kareena as I being a strong and sexy man, know how to dress perfectly and look good," Saif told reporters Saturday night.
And a teeny trailer for "Sadda Haq" from Rockstar!