Today in gossip - Farhan Akhtar and Preity Zinta come together; Hurricane Katrina rocks the box office; Madhur Bhandarkar may face more charges; and oh, so much more!
* Beth's new column on Bollywood... is about the poster exhibition thingy in Toronto. Not exactly what I would consider contemporary Bollywood discussion but interesting.
* Mere Brother Ki Dulhan is a hit for Katrina, even while Salman's Bodyguard holds strong. And can we take a minute to celebrate that MBKD is being sold as a Katrina Kaif film? I may have to write a little piece on this because it is fantastic to see a lady having success anchoring a mainstream Bollywood film. I can't recall anybody else doing this in recent years. Vidya and Rani's No One Killed Jessica wasn't really a mainstream film and even Aish and Bebo's latest films have had the attention on the hero (even if the heroes were lackluster). So, congratulations, Katrina!
* Madhur Bhandarakar may face additional charges in the rape case heading to trial. I know business is business but if I was an actress, I would be very uncomfortable working with a guy who was, you know, most likely guilty of rape.
* Fun interview with Siddharth Jain the man behind Ragini MMS and the upcoming Shaadi of the Dead!
* Fashion photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha has passed away.
* Subhash Ghai is in hospital.
* Ra.1 is being dubbed into Telugu, Tamil, and German. Why do I have a sinking feeling about this...?
* Madam Tussaud's Bollywood wax figures are going on a global tour. If they come to DC or New York, I will try to report on it for you!
* Film City is going to open for tourism! YAY!
Have a super-cute promo for Farhan Akhtar on Preity Zinta's new show!
And a special message from Luda!