Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Gossip!

Wait a minute... wasn't it just Friday evening? WHERE DID MY WEEKEND GO?!

Oh, right... *whistle whistle flex flex*



[I made this but feel free to tumblr-ize it or whatever the kids are doing these days...]

Today in gossip - BODYGUARD crushes the competition; Hema pushes back Tell Me O Khuda; Vidya talks The Dirty Picture; and MORE!



* BODYGUARD essentially PWNED the box office. And our Sallu-bhai will be back filming Ek Tha Tiger in September.

* Congratulations to Beth, who has a new column on the Wall Street Journal's India blog... although I do have to respectfully disagree on the topic of her first column. Straight Hollywood remakes don't really mesh well with Bollywood esStyle and a Grease remake would be an excuse for the kind of campy "airquotes" nonsense that nobody likes except Karan Johar and the other makers of that god awful Elvis song from We Are Family.

* More analysis from Wikileaks - Bollywood doesn't misuse its US Visas and Bollywood used so-called Black Money from gangsters.

* Bodyguard director Siddique talks about the process of adapting the film.

"Bollywood is fast-paced. I realised that the same pace which I adopted for Bodyguard in Malayalam will not work. So, I reworked the screenplay to suit Salman's action image. My hero in Malayalam (Dileep) was a soft gullible chap, while in Tamil I focused on his romantic side (played by Vijay). But in Hindi, my hero plays a professional bodyguard, and does not study in college like in the Malayalam version. The common thread is the inherent innocence of the hero. In fact, in the Hindi version, it is a notch higher."

* Sandip Roy remembers Jag Mundhra.

When I met him, Mundhra was on the road with Nandita Das, promoting Bawandar. The film was loosely based on the infamous gang-rape of the Harijan villager Bhanwari Devi. I just knew of Mundhra from stories about his earlier films. Films that made back their investment in spades but got little respect otherwise.

* Vidya Balan talks The Dirty Picture.

Still, how did you do The Dirty Picture? You are such a shy and inhibited person. Were you comfortable sitting with your parents when the promos went on air?

Well, I always tell my parents everything I do. So they knew that in The Dirty Picture, I was playing a role that was.... (thinks hard for too long)

Blasphemous?

No, not blasphemous. Risky is the word. But they knew that I was in safe hands. They had seen Milan Luthria's work, Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. And they knew Ekta since my Hum Paanch days. But yes, I did feel awkward sitting with them when the promos were first telecast. However cool and evolved I maybe, I am never going to coochie-coo with my boyfriend in front of them. Hence, watching my intimate scenes with the actors, along with my parents was never going to be easy.


* Kajal Agarwal is denying that the topless photo on the cover of FHM is her. She says it was morphed. I hope she's telling the truth...

* The release of Tell Me O Khudapushed back.



Song trailer from Himesh's new film Damadamm... All I have to say is - MEH.

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

Just a small correction, FG. Salman will be coming back to the U.S. in January for a follow-up checkup to his surgery, but he will resume filming for Ek Tha Tiger on September 9/10 in Dublin. There are now numerous video interviews of him out where he gives this information.

BTW, Bodyguard has now crossed 100 cr net in India -- in 6 days. :)

Filmi Girl said...

Thanks! Fixed it... I write these things very early in the morning so sometimes I make mistakes. :)

Moimeme said...

LOL, I know you write these very early in the morning -- I always wait for your new posts before going to bed! :)

BTW, talking of mistakes, I made one, too -- BG has gone past 100cr in 7 days, not 6 (couldn't count that late at night :) )

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl