Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Gossip!


I just checked my local theater listings - we're getting Force but no Prince Mahesh for me. Alas... we tend not to get Telugu films here, just Tamil films and the occasional Punjabi film.

NOW! Today in gossip - casting news, some butthurt interviews, some release dates have been changed, and... SURIYA's NEW FILM! THE TRAILER IS OUT! Yay!

* Breakaway/Speedy Singhs continues it's promotional blitz with an article on Father and Son Virmani.

"Youngblood is one of my favourite sports films of all time," Vinay says. "It's a classic, and Rob was great, such a big support to me. One of the first days I had him on the set, he gave me a big hug, he said 'You're just where I was 20 years ago. This is like a big homecoming for me.' "

Adds Ajay with a laugh, "He said (to Vinay), 'I'm Oldblood now. You're Youngblood.' "


And Russell Peters is clearly bored with giving interviews.

“The minute [Vinay] said ‘Bollywood movie,’ I gave him a dirty look,” Peters recalls, insisting that he hates India’s popular movie industry. “I don’t want to be a part of any Bollywood movie.”

Peters likes to quote his dad when describing the shrieking musical numbers Bollywood is known for: “Sounds like a cat in heat.”

To make matters worse, Peters also hates hockey, which many consider sacrilege given his Canadian heritage. “So what?” he retorts. “Does that mean I need to like the Tragically Hip, too?”


* Oh dear... Pakistani actress Veena Malik shoots for her first Bollywood film and it's with Jackie Shroff and Shakti Kapoor! What a welcome...

* Soha Ali Khan's Soundtrack is pushed back a week.

* Nagesh Kukunoor's MOD - which is hopefully better than his last two releases - is releasing October 14th. I wonder if he pushed it back so not to clash with John... not that MOD and Force are going after the same demographic but John was in Aashayein, so it's a nice gesture if that's the reason.

He's seems to have learned something from Aashayein anyways...

Nagesh confesses he has learnt some things the hard way in showbiz. Post the Aashayein debacle, the director, who was hitherto not keen on promoting his films, says, "It's not something I enjoy, but often the public doesn't have any idea that the film is coming out. So we have keep saying, 'Watch my film, watch my film.' The last six months have been frightening promoting Mod. No wonder production houses have publicity budgets that almost match the production costs," he says.

People have a cluttered media field these days... you have to yell loud enough to break through.

* Miss World 1997 Diana Hayden is writing a beauty book.

* Akshaye Khanna allegedly has injured his back. Has anybody else been following the progress of Gali Gali Mein Shor Hai? There was an attempt at the publicist to start a link-up rumor between Akshaye and his female co-star a few weeks ago but not too many outlets picked it up. I can't help but think that "injured back" is code for some other, more serious problem that is preventing Akshaye from working.

* Apparently not even Dia Mirza is excited about Love Breakups Zindagi. She slept through a promotional event she was supposed to be hosting. Also, Dia treated the actors on set like babies.

* Vivek Oberoi is on a What Allegedly Fake Threatening Phone Calls and Unpaid Debt, Nope, Just Cute Children Here campaign.

Helping to raise funds through his network and donating his own money, the 35-year-old Oberoi is a key sponsor of the school and its 1,750 underprivileged students, mostly girls. "This is no make-believe ... the children are real, their stories and emotions are real," he says as he cuddles Vrinda during a visit to the school.

* Emraan Hashmi cannot dance.

* Is Abhay Deol butthurt over Emraan Hashmi getting screentime in Shanghai?

* Sunny Deol and Prakaash Raj for the Bollywood remake of Traffic - no, not the crap American film.

* Dev Anand - always evergreen.

"My life is same and I am at a beautiful stage at 88. I am as excited as I was in my 20s."



Here's the trailer for 7aum Arivu!! I really dislike Shruti "Making a Lad Mag Face is just as good as acting" Haasan but Suriya + AR Murugadoss is a combo I cannot pass up!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl