Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

So, yesterday some douchenozzle thought that the best way to insult me was to say that I was a) an industry shill and b) was one of those Westerners who only writes about Bollywood to laugh at it. Leaving aside the fact that those two things appear to be contradictory, I hope you all know that neither is true. I don't accept one penny from anybody and when I do post publicity stills and what have you, it's because I'm excited about a film, which leads to my second point. I don't take a mocking tone towards the industry at all. If anything, I think I take the dopey mainstream cinema like Bodyguard a lot more seriously than it was intended to be. And I think that's okay.

Bas. I like mainstream films! What's wrong with that?

Haters gonna hate and, today, personal attacks - especially those which stem from failed attempts to chat me up, as happened with the douchenozzle - are going to be ignored.

NOW! Gossip! RANI MUKERJI; Ranbir on the sets of Barfi; assorted interviews; the world's least informative profile of Tusshar Kapoor; and MORE!



* Do you live in Australia? Auditions for Bollywood Star are coming up!

* RANI MUKERJI NEWS! The smoky voiced lady is going to be starring opposite Prithviraj. This will be good. Rani and Prithviraj will make a very pretty jodi.

* Read a lovely interview with Pankaj and Shahid Kapoor. I cannot WAIT to see Mausam.

As and actor, Pankaj is very proud of Shahid's learning curve and tries hard to be unprejudiced about it, "I was very surprised with his very first performance as an actor because he didn't have any sort of formal training. I saw a really young boy, who instinctively knew a lot of right things about acting."

* Vivek Oberoi is getting extortion calls.

* Instead of asking interesting questions about John's career, this journalist decides to grill him on Bipasha Basu.

Ques: The last time we spoke to Bipasha, she sounded very upset with you. Do you wish things weren't so bitter?
John: I think when questions are asked that irk a person you are bound to get a reaction like that. I respect her and we would never do anything to harm each other.


* Mike Tyson on Bigg Boss? Does this mean we'll get the Salman-Mike Tyson showdown the world has been waiting for?

* Anil Kapoor thinks social films with a big star are the way to spread positive ideas to the masses. Maybe he should team up with Priyadarshan who is doing something similar.

* While I have the greatest respect for Dia Mirza for turning producer, I can't help but feel that she and Zayed are severely overestimating their acting abilities.

"I haven't done any film that proves me as an actress. Although, I am happy to have been part of all the films I have done because they have taught me a lot.”

Girl, it's not the FILM that proves the actress, it's the actress that proves the actress. A good actress can make the smallest role feel like a lead.

* Can we give Rohit Dhawan the understatement of the year award?

"The humour in my film is subtle while the kind of humour he has in his movies is loud."

I hesitate to comment on how subtle the humor in an film where Akshay Kumar plays a male stripper could possibly be but to call David Dhawan's deliciously zany humor "loud" is to call Mt. Everest "tall."

* Will we see Salman at the audio launch of Osthi?

* Reminisce about Doordarshan on the Wall Street Journal's India blog.

* Why did Hrithik's Just Dance fail to click with audiences?

* This profile of Tusshar Kapoor reveals nothing.

Quite the typical heterosexual male response is Tusshar Kapoor’s perspective on his steamy mouth-to-mouth scenes with Ms. Balan, but perhaps he has something better to say about the most current issue at hand...

Yeah, somehow I don't think that's the case, Interviewer-ji.

* Check out Lolo on the first day of Dangerous Ishq shooting.

* I think Bastard Keith was right when he said SRK is passionate about hit films - it looks like SRK is teaming up with that hit maker Rohit Shetty.

* And I'm so TIRED of remakes of old Hindi films. Why not continue to do the normal thing and remake films nobody has seen yet?



The promos for Teecha Baap Tyacha Baap are TOO CUTE!



On scene footage from Barfi! Aw... Ranbir is adorable!

8 comments:

Yunus Perveez said...

Ooooh Anil Kapoor should not work with PriyaDarshan ever again... his Virasat days are long behind him and the last time anil and he worked together it gave us...Kabhi Na Kabhi (probably before you're Bolly watching time?- but I still have nightmares)

I think Vivek is not getting any calls except maybe in a Karthik calling Karhtik situation, the pre anti salman khan press conference Vivek is calling him from the past, demanding he not do a press conference at it will forever distort the space time continuum.

And Poor Ramesh sure did get on your nerves :-) I think we both agree Devdasses are asses.

Filmi Girl said...

@asim Ha ha ha!! Vivek calling Vivek?

And Yes! You don't know how annoying he was to me; he sent threatening letters to me on FB and everything. Scary guy... :P

Beth said...

Ugh sorry about the douchenozzle (though not sorry to learn this useful new vocabulary). Hope it's easier to ignore him since his two statements don't stand up together AND are clearly unfounded. Don't you love it when people don't actually bother to read what you have to say before being rude?

Also: YAY RANI!

Filmi Girl said...

@beth Thanks... :) I think some men just feel entitled to have access to any and all information about women on the Internet. It's creepy and frustrating.

Mette said...

How sad that you get accused for things like that just because of your taste in films... Some people are just weird.

thediva_1 said...

Evidently, whoever said that doesn't even read your blog because it is verryyyy obvious that you love hindi films... hence the name "filmi girl"

OG said...

Hey FG,

We love your blog and your take on the Indian Film Industry.
Personally for me, this blog is the first thing I read in the morning, even before I read up on news.

Don't let losers get to you.

Cheers!

Carol said...

Personally for me, this blog is the first thing I read in the morning, even before I read up on news.

Don't let losers get to you. [2]

Just ignore them with style.

I have a friend that also reads you everyday. Brazil loves you too, FG <3

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl