Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Sorry to those of you not enjoy my sillier posts these days. I do have some more "serious" (aka wordy) pieces in the works including a Box Office Poison entry on No Smoking and (hopefully) a review of Bodyguard this weekend. Unfortunately, my "real" job has been kicking my butt recently and I've been too tired to write anything in-depth...

Now, today in gossip! Salman Khan's operation, Vidya's Dirty Picture; and a few other odds and ends!

ENJOY!



* The Telugu Film Producers Council has asked for 50% of screens in multiplexes to be reserved for Telugu language films. I don't know why but these 'inside baseball' film industry stories really fascinate me... but I can't help but feel empathy for the producers who want to make sure that their regional language films aren't pushed aside by Hollywood and Bollywood.

* No matter how fancy and "modern" Bollywood gets, somethings will never change... like Govinda, who has been accused of threatening to kill a producer.

* I'm avoiding ALL reviews and spoilers like the plague until I can see it but I should point out that Bodyguard has done great business so far.

* An actor who worked with Silk Smitha says Vidya Balan is nothing like her.

"Vidya looks sexy in the poster of The Dirty Picture. But she is nothing like Silk. Her physical attributes don't add up. Silk was dusky, she was slightly over 5 feet 7 inches tall; her eyes were big and when she did those sexy movements of licking her thick luscious lips and rolling her eyes up in a dreamy way, she gave men something to think about. In Vidya's case, she appears to be 5 feet 2 inches tall; she has small eyes, she is petite and has a wheatish complexion. Silk managed to fill the screen with her broad shoulders and long legs. Vidya is tiny and her torso doesn't quite add up.''

* Sanjay Leela Bansali is desperate for a hit... he's now talking of reviving Bajirao Mastani with Salman and Aish. As much as I wish this would happen, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

* More details on Salman Khan's operation. ALL THE BEST, SALMAN!



Vidya Balan talks about The Dirty Picture!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl