Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Gossip!

Today in gossip... Ra.1 music is leaked online; Akshay Kumar wants to play age appropriate roles; a Malayalam film set for Bollywood remake; and who can't speak Hindi correctly?


* Akshay Kumar returns to Cananda and has this to say to the Globe and Mail:

“I will always do Indian films – with the song-and-dance. Even Breakaway has that. It’s just a part of our culture,” he said. “But I don’t want to always play the hero any more. I’m looking for more challenging roles that are closer to my age.”

I don't think I've heard him say that before... interesting. I wonder what kinds of roles Akshay would like to play in the future...

* Shahrukh eight-pack abs on the Ra.1 poster aren't real. This is news, apparently.

According to Bollywood grapevines, the abs in the film's poster could be the result of computer-generated special effects. ‘Ra.one’, which is currently in its post-production stage, is slated to release on Diwali.

* And the entire soundtrack to Ra.1 has been leaked online.

* Malayalam film Traffic seems set for a Hindi remake.

* Khalid Mohammed bitches about the amount of English in films and the number of actors and actresses who can't speak Hindi correctly.

Run for cover: They need language and diction lessons. Hema Malini (still), Katrina Kaif (she tried to get it somewhat right in Rajneeti, but in vain), Priyanka Chopra, Urmila Matondkar, Lara Dutta (ewwww types), Kareena Kapoor (too la-di-duh), Saif Ali Khan (sounds like Himesh Reshammiya on a bad day), Kajol (hyyyyyyyysterical, eats up words), Abhishek Bachchan (dubbing studio engineer’s nightmare), Aishwarya Rai (much too sing-song), Asin (is that her voiiiice?) and Bipasha Basu (can’t get it right unless she has one or two simple lines to say).

4 comments:

dagnyfan said...

I so wish I could understand the language well enough that I could form my own opinion about the dialogue deliveries and diction. I do find it fascinating and love hearing the opinions. The only equivalent I can come up with is how I loved Viggo Mortensen physically for the role of Aragorn, but his voice was way too nasally and weak - it just about killed me to listen.

dagnyfan said...

In terms of roles I'd like to see Akshay in - I'd like to see him play a father...or has he done that a lot. I confess to being turned off by the few over the top comedic roles I had seen him in, but I'm super impressed with him as a worker and person, so I want to like him on the screen.

Kaitlyn said...

He should play gangsters/dons with hearts of gold.

More villainous roles for everyone I say!

Filmi Girl said...

OMG! You guys!! What if Akki played a gangster with a heart of gold who has a young daughter that he needs to save?! Like, she's about 10 or so and her mother is killed in a gang shootout and she begs her daddy to leave the business? But then gets kidnapped?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl