Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday gossip!

I'll be seeing Force tonight, so I'm avoiding reviews but it looks like Hum Tum Shabana can be safely avoided and Saheb Biwi aur Gangster is an acquired taste.

Today in gossip - some unhealthy eating habits; AKON learning phonetic Hindi; Ekta Kapoor's fashion choices; and exciting new trends for actresses over 30... plus some other stuff!



* No wonder SRK has been looking so rough lately...

I smoke about a 100 cigarettes. I forget to eat. I have to eat food. I just remembered halfway through your shoot. Umm...I don't drink water. I have about 30 cups of black coffee and I have a six-pack. So the less I take care of myself, the more I get taken care of.

Oh, SRK! That is a fine diet for when you are 25 - at 45, good nutrition and health are important if you don't want to crap out at 55 with a giant heart attack.

* Anushka Sharma pretends she hasn't been looking gaunt recently.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. There is nothing known as size zero. I am a size 8, UK. To call me sub zero is ridiculous. 8 is a very healthy size. Being skinny is not a compliment for someone who wants to put on weight, it’s frustrating. The world is obsessed with being overweight. If you are happy the way you are its fine.

* Dia and Zayed may be the somewhat moldy leftovers in the Bollywood fridge but the rest of the cast of Love Breakups Zindagi is pretty sharp. Read a sassy interview with Cyrus Sahukar!

Love Breakups Zindagi is almost like a large waiting room. It's a nice film. It's like somebody is getting out of love, somebody is waiting for a better break in life, somebody is saying, 'Naukri acchi ho jaaye toh meri Life ho jaaye', etc. Everybody is waiting for those points in life where they can move left right up and down and make decisions. It's more like Pacman as you say, yes (laughs). It's a bizarre analogy.

And apparently Dia Mirza is SUPER CHEERFUL all day long... even in the morning. That sounds... difficult.

* This has been floating around but it's worth posting again - Is Salman Khan eyeing a Dookudu remake? (I HOPE SO.)

* A very interesting observation on how things have changed for the 30+ actress brigade in the last couple of years.

One of Kareena's projects next year is with Imran Khan, her junior by a couple of years, and I haven't so far heard a nasty remark from a verbose RJ about their minor age difference. This is a far cry from the cruel comments on radio stations and the blogosphere that Vidya Balan had to contend with when she starred opposite the still-boyish-looking Shahid Kapoor (her junior by just a few years) in Kismat Konnection in 2008 or the cutting remarks that were made about Bipasha Basu acting with Ranbir in Bachna Ae Haseeno.

This is very true and I hadn't noticed it!

* Along those lines, Lolo has signed on to the Satte Pe Satta remake!

* Yes, please give Zarine Khan more item numbers.

* A snarky rundown of Ekta Kapoor's fashion choices...



Making of "Chammak Challo"! I love these behind-the-scenes things! Akon learning the phonetic Hindi = adorable.



And UTV Stars has some episodes up of "Live My Life!" This is the Katrina Kaif episode but if you click into the channel on youtube, Priyanka Chopra and Imran Khan are also up there.

2 comments:

Indian Essay said...

FG, when you listen to Katrina, what kind of an accent do you think she has? Just curious on your take.

Filmi Girl said...

To me, she sounds like she always sounds like she has an American accent... whether speaking Hindi or English. Something about her vowels has that flat, American ring to it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl