Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Gossip!

Today in gossip... first scroll down one post to see the Desi Boyz trailer and have your mind blown. Okay, now under the cut - THE OFFICIAL DHOOM 3 girl was announced; a more mature diva returns to the silver screen; trouble for Sanjay and Ajay; and a few more odds and ends!

* My sympathies are with Sharmila, Saif, and Soha today. Tiger Pataudi's has passed away.

* FINALLY! We have it officially - Katrina is the DHOOM 3 GIRL! And people were wondering why I'm such a fan of Victor Acharya. This guy KNOWS how to make an entertaining masala film.

* Read a very interesting interview with Ajay Devgn.

Were you asked to study the mannerisms and style of the South actor for "Singham"?

Not really, we don't even follow the original script. Even in "Singham", if you've seen the film, except for the characters, the film is completely different - the second half, the climax, everything is different. What we liked in the original film were the characters of the hero and the villain. It had routine stuff where the girl gets kidnapped and hero comes to her rescue and the entire story has been woven around it. When we made the film, the characters were worked upon.


* Hear from Speedy Singh Vinay Virmani.

The film is also in the news as its being produced by Akshay Kumar. You have known Akshay for a while now, was it natural for you to approach him to produce your first venture?

I find it really weird talking about my personal relation with Akshay cos it has never been professional. He is my older brother and I have grown up with him. He calls my father his Godfather and I have spent summers with him on his outdoor schedules so it's difficult to talk about what equation we share personally. He has been such an amazing producer and guide on this film. Akshay knows the pulse of the audience having been in the industry for over two decades now so his inputs were really valuable. Akshay has always loved ice hockey and when I bounced off the idea to him, he was kicked about presenting it on screen.


(Also, I wonder if this was transcribed or if Vinay sent it as is and they didn't bother to fix the grammar. "Cos"? Really?)

* An anonymous source says Madhuri is divorcing, which is why she is moving to India.


* Manisha Koirala is also facing marriage problems... according to the press.

* Sushmita Sen has no marriage problems and we'll be seeing her back on the big screen playing a DIVA! YES!

* A lawsuit demands Rascals not be released... no, it wasn't filed by the Tastemakers Association of India. Oh, god! I know I'm going to like this movie despite myself.

* Is it Sanjay Dutt starring in the remake of Dhee or is he just producing it? I can't tell from the piece. Sigh... he's probably going to Disco Uncle it, much to everybody's embarrassment.

* Vivek Oberoi is caught up in another money scandal - this time it's his mother-in-law who is accused of not paying a cab firm for services during the wedding.

* For some reason, I find the dynamic between Sonam and Shahid really entertaining. You just get the sense that she was a chirpy birdie on set while he was trying to be all serious. So, she would try to get a reaction out of him just to annoy him... and because it's probably funny.

Shahid on Sonam:

She loves gossiping and is always interested in knowing who I am dating, but I don't tell her anything because I know she will blurt it out. I don't trust her on that front! She keeps asking me about my personal life and I lie to her!

* For some of the oddest news of the day - Jackky Bhagnani is set to star in the sequel to Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani... and he's doing his own styling, apparently. Do I even believe this one? Seems far too strange.

5 comments:

Amaluu said...

LOL! Sounds like Sonam + Shahid have the dynamic of Geet and Aditya from Jab We Met. Perhaps he will ending falling for her? Dun dun dunnnnnn ... :-)

Yunus Perveez said...

Call it my next filmi prediction but the news will break that with Sanjay presenting and Madhuri starring in Big Boss 5,is the reason for the divorce. And that it is back on between the old flames. Clearly I dont hold media in high regard :-)

Could you give me a play by play about what you like about the Desi Boyz trailer? or is it just the stripperyness of the actors?

Filmi Girl said...

@asim To your first point - it's on. Let's see how long it takes for that story to leak out.

To your second point - should I do an "in-depth" look at the trailer? I would be (naturally) delighted to do so.

Let me give you the quick run-down:

1. The fake out of the Sanju's opening narration with the footage that follows is hilarious (to me.)

2. Every shot of Akshay or John being "cool" hits all the right notes (for me.) It's extremely over-the-top but without a camp nod - something I find irresistible. Like that motorcycle/Segway bit.

3. The editing/music are really slick and well done. I love the sequence with the wine glass getting kicked over.

4. We get just a hint of dostana with John and Akshay gazing at each other and clinking beer bottles and the other part where there will be some delicious (to me) melodrama.

5. You know I love that glitzy, slick, filmi hiphop stuff and the tag ending is TOO GOOD.

So, that's the short answer but I will see if I can't write up something more in-depth about how awesome this trailer is.

Yunus Perveez said...

ok can i do a things i dont like about it then? :-)

1. Boyz written with a Z
2. Padukone and Chitriganda hiring strippers? come on man...
3. A romantic song on Brighton beach??? have you ever been to Brighton beach? there is no less romanchick beach than that one
4. Akshay rode that segway on Woods Green and that's where the riots happened afterwards... i am blaming him...Probably people that saw Thank You, Kambakth Ishq and 8x 10 Tasveer got together :-)
5. For once this is probably the best move Jonny Abrahamam could make career wise since his movies wont work, this might a be a good second career option. After Dostana, he's brandished a himbo in my book

:-P

Filmi Girl said...

I don't think you were intended audience for this one... heh. It seems a comedy along the lines of Kambakth Ishq for shiz. I happened to really like that movie - stylish, funny, and over-the-top ridiculous. :P

Agreed on John. I think he really biffed it by taking on Abbas Tyrewala's film, seemingly without realizing the heroine was NG. Plus there was his injury that sidelined the cricket film, which actually could have been quite good. We'll have to see if Force can do anything for him.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl