Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday gossip!

First, let's catch up with the current psychodrama playing out in Bangalore - the ban on Nikitha has been lifted; the Challenging Star has challenged his producers - he has eight films left hanging; and an editorial slams the Kannada film industry for chauvinism.
The letter from the producer's association is translated here.

Today in gossip - CASTING NEWS for Sasha; Agneepath gets a new release date; SRK gets snippy with reporters; John Abraham is all praise for the khiladi; and a TON of promos! You don't want to miss these...




* Lighter but also unpleasant news from Karnataka - Bangalore's Tomatina festival is canceled - so if you were hoping to find your Hrithik or Katrina in a pulpy mosh pit of tomatoes, you are out of luck.

* Agneepath is pushed back to January 26, 2012.

* Shahrukh gets snippy with a reporter who goes off script and asks about a scene which is allegedly inspired by a German advertisement.

First the actor said that the reporter should stop watching German ads and watch ads that he endorses and later went on to say that we as Indians should not pull our films down by saying such petty things. Instead together we should make our films stand at an international platform.

He is leaving no stone unturned to ensure success of the film and has roped in Rajinikanth for a guest appearance.

* I'm really looking forward to seeing John back on the big screen in Force. Who does John like?

I think Akshay Kumar is the best action hero of Bollywood, I mean he is the true Khiladi of Bollywood. As far as my co-star in Force is concerned, Vidyut is outstanding in the film. He has equally worked hard on his body to look tough. I think he is someone to watch out for in the days to come.

* Casting news for Shahid - he'll be seen with Ranbir in a two-hero film and with Sonakshi Sinha. Things are really buzzing for our Sasha! Mausam buzz is really good! (But OMG could that second article be framed in a stupider way? It has Sonakshi choosing Shahid over her "beau" Ranveer. UGH! Is there any truth to any of this romance drama?! Correct answer: WHO CARES?)

* Shaan is going to start singing for regional films again, which is exciting! I love his voice.

* And put the band Roxen on your radar - they are doing some tracks for Blood Money, Kunal Khemu's new film.

* This sounds like a rumor with no basis in truth but it's fun to speculate - have Aamir and PC been tapped for a film version of The Three Musketeers? Who would you like to see as the three? I think something like Aamir, Deepak Dobriyal, and Ranveer Singh could be interesting... or just weird.

* Delhi Belly being reshot for television.

* A huge cache of pirated CDs and DVDs was found in UP.

* Randhir Kapoor thinks today's heroes
dance ridiculously.

* More brand endorsements - Soha Ali Khan and her mum Sharmila Tagore for Kohinoor Basmati Rice, which I believe I know from the opening commercials on some of my DVDs.



Rishi and Ranbir for PEPSI! I love these soda commercials as much as I hate soda!



Speedy Singhs song promo... I'm not going to lie, I love this bhangra-hiphop stuff. The dancing in the propeller well of the plane (or whatever that is called) = awesome. What? I like flash! My name isn't filmi girl for nothing.



Trailer for Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge - which looks like a film I will enjoy. WHAT? Nobody said I was classy... "Do you want to make fraaaaandship?"



And a song promo for Rockstar - looks gorgeous! I'm still not sold on Nargis, though. I don't know what it is about her that irks me... something just seems kind of off. She looks like a Vogue fashion model slumming it in one of those exotic India photo shoots.

1 comment:

eliza bennet said...

"Who would you like to see as the three?"

Easy since I'm currently re- reading the book

Aamir: Athos
Salman: Porthos
Shahrukh : Aramis

Ranbir: D'artagnan

Katrina : Madame Bonacieux
Anushka : Kitty
Rani Mukherjee : Milady

Cardinal: Ajay Devgan
Buckingham: Abhishek
Queen: Aishwarya
King : Akshay Kumar

Felton: Ranveer
Rochefort: John Abraham

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl