Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Gossip!

ETA: CHALLENGING STAR DARSHAN was arrested for assaulting his wife!!! WOW!! I hope the allegations are false but just... wow.


Mere Brother Ki Dulhan tonight! I'm avoiding reviews until I see it...
And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite hero Akshay Kumar and a SORRY EVERYBODY for opening a giant can of worms with those Kajal Agarwal pics. Ai yi yi!! Who knew so much controversy could be generated from one silly photoshoot! Moimeme helpfully pointed me towards this statement, so my initial take on them wasn't incorrect BUT considering even that one was photoshopped, I don't know what to think about it.

At the end of the day, maybe I should just apply this English aphorism: "If you lie down with dogs (i.e. FHM), you'll get up with fleas."

ANYWAYS, today in gossip - more MBKD premiere fallout in Dubai; KJo speaks to Simi Garewal; Michael Winterbottom's "Tess"; NEW Tigerstyle song; and oh so much more!


* More on the poor organization of the Dubai Mere Brother Ki Dulhan premiere. Apparently a couple of fans were promised a meet-and-greet for winning a contest by the organization running the premiere but it never happened.

"We did not get to speak to them and I was not even allowed to ask Katrina how she was," said Mrs Sohail, who drove from Ras Al Khaimah for the event with her son Mohammad, 4.

AWWW! Well, maybe Katrina, Imran, and Ali can arrange to sign something to send to Mrs. Sohail and her son. It's not their fault but it would be a nice gesture anyways.

* Excerpts from Simi Garewal's chat with Karan Johar:

SG: Ok, you know for someone who pries open other people's secrets quite unsparingly, their love life their rumors. How is it that we've never heard any link up or any rumor of you ever?

KJO: I don't claim to have led a saintly life. There have been a lot of one-sided love stories in my life. I have seen more heart breaks than heart make... I have invariably been in love when I haven't had the same reciprocated emotion at all. I don't choose to talk about my personal life because I believe that I don't want to and I believe my personal life is personal.


Which is really how it should be for all celebrities. Save the rumors for Stardust and the scandal rags and out of the news media.

* I may have posted something like this before but it's worth doing again - Bollywood stars are overpaid because there is too much money chasing not enough talent.

* Farhan Akhtar takes the ZNMD editor Ritesh Soni for Don 2. No word on Bagwati.

* Michael Winterbottom talks about his India-set adaptation of Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles.

How much of a Bollywood influence is there to the film?

Hardy was telling stories not dissimilar to the stories that Bollywood tells. In Tess, one of the guys falls in love with her when he sees her at a village dance. So I took that idea, and dancing and film are huge in India. Trishna loves film, she loves dancing, and when they go to Mumbai Jay is trying to be a film producer, they are in that world on the fringe of Bollywood. We had four songs specially composed for the film by Amit Trivedi.


If the Western media starts calling this a "Bollywood-flavored" Tess, I'm going to punch somebody.

* Pankaj Kapoor assures us that he did not force his son to act in Mausam.

* The Mumbai Mirror assumes Yahs Raj is snubbing PC but isn't is it possible she doesn't want to work with THEM after Pyaar Impossible?

* Atif Aslam talks about Bollywood.

Is crooning for Bollywood films necessary for Pakistani singers to survive?

I think Bollywood music market is going though a stagnant phase.The music is not as vibrant as it used to be earlier. It has become formula music for film directors. That's the reason why composers are looking for new sounds and voices. That's why Pakistani singers are now singing a lot of Bollywood songs. The era of RD Burman, Kishore Kumar and Mohammed Rafi is over. If you compare their music with the Himesh Reshammiya kind of music, you know what it is all about. Personally if you ask me, the only guy who is doing well today is Pritam (Chakraborty).


What about Amit Trivedi? If you ask ME - which nobody did - he's the one doing above average work.

Speaking of music... COOL new song from Tigerstyle!

2 comments:

eliza bennet said...

"but isn't is it possible she doesn't want to work with THEM after Pyaar Impossible?"

No it is not possible - Priyanka may have some fans (and their number is nowhere near to fans of say, Kareena, Aish or Katrina) but she doesn't have much clout in the industry.

dagnyfan said...

Ha! I happened to love Pyaar Impossible.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl