Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Gossip!


Today in gossip - casting news for Akshay; maybe Govinda didn't assault that producer; I dug up a hilarious vintage Aamir Khan Pepsi ad; Salman is doing fine and Bodyguard is breaking box office records; Bebo talks stardom; and MORE!

* O ho! It seems that maybe Govinda didn't assault that producer.

* Wait... Arjun Baweja is going to be opposite Esha Deol in Tell Me O Khuda?! Unless both have drastically improved their skills, it will be like two planks of wood facing off. Arjun talks about the differences between South and North.

Ask the actor about the prevailing notion that people down South are more disciplined and hard-working as compared to Bollywood and he replies, "Discipline Bollywood mein bhi hai. It's just that South people have a criteria of making films fast and release them very quickly. Wherein, Bollywood makes the films in a bigger and more lavish way which takes time. I don't understand why people differentiate between the two industries."

Um... yeah. No. More expensive, sure, but not necessarily bigger and more lavish. I mean, come on! All I have to say is Magadheera vs. Karan Johar Presents Hollywood's Stepmom Hollywood Style. I bet We Are Family cost more and took longer to make but Magadheera is much more lavish.

* Will we be seeing a Race remake in Tamil? Maybe? I think I'll probably like it better in Tamil.

* Bodyguard is breaking box office records!

* Akshay will be battling goondas in Housefull 2.

And A.R. Murugadoss (Ghajini) is writing a new film for the khiladi to star in.

* As much as I enjoy Tusshar Kapoor in films like Golmaal, I just have trouble believing that he'll be able to carry off a shaadi-waadi romance film on his own. I think audiences have pretty uniformly rejected him as a romantic lead.

* I feel like I've seen this before... Rock On 2? Do we really need a sequel to this? I thought the film wrapped up rather nicely.

* Bebo is and will always be a star. This is a fabulous little profile!

Friend and co-star Tusshar Kapoor’s favourite Kareena anecdote is one from their childhood days when they were visiting their parents on the film sets in Kashmir. “We were asked about the careers we wished to pursue and while the rest of us were confused, Kareena was not. She was very clear that she wanted to be an actor.”

To be a star actually. Self-admittedly, she hopes to be a star all her life. “Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol and my sister Karisma Kapur inspired me to be an actor. They were real superstars. Among male actors, it would always be Shah Rukh and Salman. Kajol was working with Shah Rukh and Karan and they were a nice blend in the top rung. They were all Lolo’s (Karisma) co-stars and now mine so actually it’s worked out perfectly.”


And now... please enjoy this vintage Pepsi commercial featuring a young Aamir Khan!



"Hello! I'm your new neighbor..."

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

That "vintage" Pepsi commercial was first done in the U.S. by Michael J. Fox sometime in the late 1970's or very early 1980's. Then, when the economic liberalization opened up the Indian market, the same ad was shot with different Indian actors. I can't remember if I've seen this version with Aamir before, but I have seen the Telugu one, with ?? maybe Mahesh Babu, or whoever preceded him in popularity. The funny thing is, the ad is scripted and shot exactly the same in all instances. Only the actors changed.

Nerdypanda said...

Is that Mahima Chaudhry in the vintage Pepsi commercial? Ash was so pretty (and still beautiful)!

Divya said...

That's definitely Mahima Chaudhry. Its nice to know that ads that came out in my childhood are now vintage :) .I remember that this ad was my first introduction to Ash. I knew her as "Sanju" for a long time. After the Miss India competition I remember telling my sister that Sanju should have won.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl