Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Gossip!

ATTENTION TORONTONIANS! Akshay Kumar and Rob Lowe will be in town on Sunday doing a meet-n-greet!

And Dublin is already pumping itself up for Ek Tha Tiger
. They won't know WHAT hit them... Hurricane Katrina and Mr. BODYGUARD himself!

Today in gossip - Shahid on Simi's show; Lil Wayne; Kalki and Anurag talk about their marriage; Imran flounces from Twitter; a cool interview with set designer Wasiq Khan; AND MORE!



* Those who enjoy snarky recaps of television shows should enjoy Mumbai Boss's rundown of Shahid Khan on Simi Garewel's show.

We’re starting to believe that Simi’s love for people and things whose name begins with “K” is inversely proportional to her love for the colour white. She refuses to name Koffee with Karan even though the show, which provided her with much of her interview material, aired on the same channel as IMD. Similarly, she refused to name Kareena Kapoor even though she spent half the episode referring to the actress.

(Here's the full list of recaps.)

* I don't often post 'romance' stories but Kalki and Anurag discussing their relationship is TOO CUTE!

Who made the first move then?

KK (looks at Anurag): Well, you pursued me for quite some time...
AK: Yes, for two whole weeks. I asked her for dinner every single day! (Laughs)
KK: Well, I was skeptical. He was much older, was divorced and also a dad! And I did not want people to think I 'landed' the director in my very first film!


* Check out a cool interview with set designer Wasiq Khan!

An avid painter, he painstakingly sketches every frame by hand. For Dabangg, he created over 100 sketches. “I am old-fashioned in a way. I never use design software for my work. I feel that every frame I create in a movie is a painting, even though it is visible for only a few seconds.”

* Amitabh Bachchan has been cast in Baz Luhrman's The Great Gatsby... probably in a blink and you'll miss it role.

* The trend of turning a television show into a film is hitting India... or will if the Ghar Jamai film is a success.

* Aditya Chopra doesn't do press screenings.

* Salman Khan is eyeing TWO Telugu films as potential remakes - Kandireega and Dookudu. And Salman's brother-in-law is looking to make a film based on Rajinikanth's life. But who could play Rajini?!

* Imran Khan decides to quit Twitter instead of just blocking haters.

* FHM says the topless Kajal Agarwal photos are real - despite her denials.

We shot with madam Aggarwal on the 18th of August in Mumbai and have a full team composed of assistants, stylists, makeup artists, photographers and others to back it up. We'd be happy to release the full untouched raw pictures on the internet soon to back it up also.

* Poor Kangana! It's not her week for winning the news cycle. Not only were nasty rumors about her lying about being asked to work with Paris Hilton's fashion line, now Sanjay Dutt is allegedly keeping her out of the Rascals title song... I wonder if any of this bad press has to do with the fact that Kangana and Sanju were allegedly together and have now allegedly broken up.

* Dibakar Bannerjee is promoting a new item girl in Shanghai, a British girl.

* Really? Does Jackie Shroff need to be playing a sexy 40-year old dad? SEE THIS IS THE KIND OF ROLE THAT A PRE-PLASTIC SAIF SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING.

Jackie Shroff is getting into shape for his comeback performance. He's all set to play the role of a 40-year old father in a film called Life Is Good. The once-sinewy actor has lately gained a lot of weight. Jackie has been asked to get rid of the extra baggage. Says director Anant Mahadevan, "I want Jackie Shroff to be the sexiest dad ever seen in our films."

* Does My Friend Pinto have shades of Abu Salem?

* Composer Amit Trivedi is making his acting debut in Frieda Pinto's Trishna.

* Will we be seeing Maddy and Arya in a Raajneeti remake?

* Aamir and Rani's upcoming film gets a title - Dhuan.

* YAWN - Boring Rockstar ka Nargis on the cover of Vogue. Her performance in the trailer had me cringing hardcore.

* Salim-Suliaman talk upcoming projects, possibly involving Lil Wayne.

Also, OF COURSE there will be a Punjabi wedding scene in Speedy Singh. Of course.



*Bhangra dances off to work*

3 comments:

womanbread said...

I'm in Ireland, but Dublin's about a three-hour car/bus journey away, on the other side of the country! I'm going to try my best to get there, though. It's about time Ireland stopped all this visa nonsensse (about 5 years ago, there was to be a Hindi film shot here, but there was some 'legality issues' about visas and immigration (???) that caused the whole thing to stop before it even got started. That really annoyed me at the time, so I'm glad that whatever needed to be put right and put into gear is now all-systems-go.

If I do get to Dublin, I'll be taking lots of photos and report back to this blog with how it's all going.

Turkish Bacon said...

YES! My friend and I aren't the only ones that found that Nargis annoying (not to mention incredibly shrill) in the Rockstar trailer. Add to that the tragedy of Ranbir's hairstyles and the overall blah reaction I had to the promo and it makes for a sad affair. I like Ranbir a lot but it looks like Rockstar and I will only get acquainted when its the weekly Saturday night public access selection!

larissa said...

Imran Khan quit Twitter over a year ago.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl