Today in gossip - Ranveer Singh does Madhuri Dixit; Salman Khan picks up his pen; Anurag Kashyap returns to Toronto; "a close friend" spills the beans on Bebo; Javed Jaffrey talks Shammi; and MORE!* Bodyguard director Siddiqui wants to remake his hit Chronic Bachelor with Salman, too! Can you think of a better hero for that one?! Hee!
* Ajay and Akshay reunited?! Please say it's true!
* I love Jimmy Shergill... and his Saheb Biwi aur Gangster looks fantastic.
* This article gives a negative connotation to Veer when speculating on whether or not Salman Khan wrote the script to Dabangg 2 but, if anything, mention of Veer makes me giddy with anticipation. PLEASE LET SOMEBODY HAVE A GOLD HAND IN DABANGG 2!
* Ladies vs Ricky Behl sounds more and more interesting... apparently, it's a collection of short stories. Also, Ranveer Singh has a Madhuri Dixit impression that may be incorporated into the film.
* Preity Zinta's comeback film is set to be a hot mess. Rumors are she is unable to find a hero for it and now the director says it will be an "all international" cast, which makes no sense. How would doing a foreign film help Preity's re-entry into the big time?! Didn't she see what happened to Kites?!
* I usually ignore articles like this but the classic 'a close source says' reporting about a feud over Bebo's wax statute (not Saif, the other one at Madam Tussaud's) was too funny.
“The first thing that Bebo heard was that her statue is of no importance as it is small compared to Aishwarya’s (in height). Then came more gossip that it is being installed in the Blackpool branch as opposed to Madame Tussauds on Baker Street in London. Bebo couldn’t imagine that this heroine could indulge in such salacious gossip when she is also getting her share of international fame,” the friend adds.
* Yay! Kajal and my Prabhas may be reunited in a third film!
* Some more casting news... Ajay Devgn and Anushka Sharma in a Vishal Bhardwaj production (FINALLY, two actors I like in one of his films) and Aftab Shivdasani is doing that sequel to 1920 that nobody wanted.
* So sweet... a picture of Shammi's character from Rockstar.
* Imran Khan compares Katrina Kaif's dedication to that of a certain guy he admires... Aamir Khan.
“Katrina inspires me a lot…The way she works on her scene, her dialogues, her dance, her body, her fitness, the kind of energy she has and the kind of effort she puts in is more than any other co-star that I have worked with. It’s honestly more than my level of dedication too. It’s quite close to Aamir’s dedication.”
* Salman Khan is doing a cameo in Esha Deol's relaunch. Sigh. I still have NO DESIRE to see this film.
* Anurag Kashyap's Michael, which stars Naseer, will be at TIFF.
Javed Jaffrey on Shammi Kapoor inspiring him to dance...