Today in gossip - more tributes to Shammi; Deepika finally lasers her RK; and few more tidbits!
ETA: ROWDY RATHORE teaser poster!!! I can't believe I forgot it!
* Yahoo! India announces Movieplex which will let users watch Bollywood films online. Check it out here!
* Kangana Ranaut gets on the wrong side of Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt... or maybe she just didn't want to play bikini girl any more.
* Deepika Padukone is finally ditching the RK tattoo.
* Farhan Akhtar is taking a real acting job as Milkha Singh in a biopic.
* 3 Idiots is releasing in South Korea!
* Farah Khan gives her dance favorite Shammi Kapoor dances.
Badan Pe Sitare (Prince) - Oh, those cutting movements with hand. They became a rage soon after. And that lock of hair falling on his forehead. Who can surpass that?
* And check out an interesting post on how Shammi Kapoor helped break the ice during a foreign corespondent's travels.
Truth be told, I was never much of a Shammi Kapoor fan: I found his over-the-top acting style a little too much to take. But I quickly found that the best way to break the ice with people I met in Iraq was to ask if they remembered "Shaami Kaboor," which is how they pronounced his name. Invariably, my interlocutors would grow misty eyed and nostalgic. They would recall their favorite scenes from his movies, and often shout out "Yahoo!" — it was his signature line from the wildly popular Junglee. They'd ask what he was doing these days. I'd tell them he was alive and well; and before long, we'd be chatting like old friends.
* It feels more than a little ghoulish looking at these but I would by lying if I said I didn't - photos from Shammi's cremation. The one of Shashi just breaks my heart!