Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Gossip!

Today in gossip - new song promo for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan; Saroj Khan comes out of retirement; Saif Ali Khan strongly feels that he is awesome; AB is given three months to get in shape; and MORE!



* Oh, aren't we lucky... Frieda Pinto would consider doing a Bollywood film if the script was good enough. And maybe somebody would consider casting her if her acting was good enough. BOOM! Take that, Pinto!

* I'd rather see Ayesha Takia get those good scripts... now that she's back! Ayesha talks about her break.

* Choreographer Saroj Khan is coming out of retirement to work with Sonakshi in Rowdy Rathore.

* It's funny reading interviews with Saif Ali Khan after I wrote my Bollywood 101 piece on him (I'll post it soon!)... He has a strong sense of entitlement and self-worth.

For someone like you who comes from an entirely diverse background, was it a challenge to play a Dalit?

There is a certain responsibility that comes with every role. With Aarakshan, there was a totally different kind of responsibility. Since I was playing a Dalit and representing a certain community, I had to take special care. I did a little bit of research. More than my background, I think it is my fair skin and my personality that could have worked against it.


Aarakshan is also hitting more legal troubles.

* It's going to be a love triangle filled September...

There are close to half a dozen releases lined up between August and September which would be three way love stories. The prominent names here are RGV's Not A Love Story, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Hum Tum Shabana and Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster.

* Filmi Girl fave Ravi Kissan strips down to his birthday suit in upcoming Chitkabrey.

* Salman Khan is going to play a father in an upcoming film on the education system... the article then shifts to talk about a new independent film distribution company for no clear reason.

Mehta said: “Good content deserves good distribution. We keep saying that content is king, but honestly, when we get good content we don’t respect it. It isn’t given the kind of promotional push that it deserves to make it viable at the box office. Bad distribution kills the film, before it can even try and reach its core target audience. Recently, many concept-driven, budget-controlled films have been much appreciated by the audiences. With Open Door Films Limited, this is precisely what we seek to achieve, to turn this trend into a tide.”

Alas, sometimes in this tide, there can be self-consciously artsy, unwatchable stinkers that are solely for the director’s masturbatory purposes.


Too true, snarky article writer, too true...

Salman's appeal hearing start today. I suspect he's learned his lesson by now and will never shoot an endangered animal ever again...

* Abhi baby has been tasked to get into shape for Puri Jagannath's Gentleman.

"In fact, more than 'Dhoom 3' where all the action sequences would centre on Aamir Khan, it is 'Businessman' where Abhishek would really have to work on his physique. It's the story of a suave agile gangster who treats his work like a proper organised business and gets into the action mode on several occasions," says a source.

Also, I didn't realize the film was a remake of a Mahesh Babu-starrer... yeah. Junior has his work cut out for him trying to keep up with Prince Mahesh.

* Farhan Akhtar is reading scripts instead of editing Don 2.

* This one could be ripped right from The Onion: Public Relations professional feels that stars really need public relations.

Neha Singh, director, Freshwater, however, points out another facet networking overdose. "Social networking sites are being misused by fakes which is causing celebs even more trouble and a lot of them are getting off it. While PR as a machinery is needed for the bigger pictures, social networking sites are just supplementing the final goal."

* Raveena Tandon isn't the only one who will be steaming up the screen with a toy boy, Lolo's comeback film looks set to get pulses racing.

* Speaking of toy boys, is Tusshar Kapoor reaching Karan Johar levels of Don't Ask Don't Tell or is it just me? I notice that nobody really bought the PR machinery rumors he was dating a lady some time ago.

* Watch out film lovers, I have a feeling Jackky Bhagnani and Giselle Monteiro are going to be a deadly combination... like I'll have a new entry for my Box Office Poison series.

* I know some of you think I'm crazy but I genuinely enjoy John Abraham as an actor. I'm glad to see he beat Madam Tussaud Saif out for a role as a gangster in Shootout At Wadala.



New song promo for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan!

7 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

Eh...Frieda's no worse than 95% of the "actresses" in the industry. If she took a Bollywood project she'd probably fit right in.

Nadia_Rahman said...

I have to disagree with you about Saif's sense of entitlement with that particular statement. You have to read the rest of that answer to understand that, unlike other actors, he admits that none of us will ever understand the problems of the Dalit community. At any rate, even if he does come across as arrogant, that is no different than other big actors or prince! :)

S said...

First thought upon seeing that song promo" WTF is Katrina doing with that weird furry thing in what is presumably DELHI?!! Second thought: is that a TRAMP STAMP?!! But those thoughts aside MBKD seems like a movie I would want to see, mostly because I am a total Katrina fan girl.

Filmi Girl said...

@bombay talkies LOL! I know you have a low opinion of a lot of actresses but there are oodles of girls with more to offer than Pinto...

@Nadia_Rahman I did read the whole statement. :)

I wasn't singling out that particular interview but rather how I now see his sense of entitlement in everything. It all became clear as I read through LOTS of interviews with him while doing research for a piece I'll be posting later.

Just something about his tone always oozes with noblesse oblige. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing - he is who he is - but it sort of crystalized for me recently.

@S HA HA HA!!!! And yes.

mainhoonemily said...

*sigh* I'll never understand your bias against Abhishek.* He's one of the few Hindi actors I'd want to see tackle a Mahesh Babu role!

*And I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm just completely baffled by it. :-)

maeve66 said...

I will want to see that MBKD movie -- partly because I do find Imran Khan hella cute. I DO wish that B'wood songs would stop with the chipmunk noises and the autotuning. I'm not certain the latter was in this clip, but the former definitely was.

Michael Barnum said...

Wow,until now I had not heard of this new film Chitkabrey, but the trailer makes it look quite fascinating!

And as for John Abraham, Filmi Girl, I have also always thought he was a very good actor. Never understood why some think he is not.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl