Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Gossip!


Oh, look! Saif Ali Khan has been waxed at Madam Tussaud's is on the cover of Hi! Blitz.


Today in gossip - NEW MAUSAM song promo; Esha Deol denies rehab rumors; Farah Khan is writing her autobiography; and a few other odds and ends...



* Whoa... how come I didn't know that Shetty's son is now a director?!

The film revolves round four cops – Pankaj Suri (Naseeruddin Shah), Albert Pinto (K. K. Menon), Balvinder Singh (Atul Kulkarni) and Shakti Chinappa (Ravi Kishan) – who see an opportunity to a great future when they are assigned a mission. However, things take a twist when another cop stops their van en route and takes them as his backup to catch a dangerous gangster.

* The changing world of Bollywood economics.

Simply put, the studios put together through acquisition, production and co-production, a portfolio of movies and sliced and diced the content to feed other fast-growing aggregators like cable and satellite, music, home video and new media that have a voracious appetite for Bollywood content. "Between one-third and one-fourth of all broadcasting content is Bollywood content," says Rajesh Jain, head - media and entertainment, KPMG. "The importance of Bollywood has gone up tremendously in the broadcasting ecosystem," adds Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios.

(And another, less positive take on the subject.)

* Priyanka Chopra would like to playback sing.

So, will we find her singing for Bollywood movies, for herself and a couple of her colleagues too? “Not right away. Playback can wait,” says Priyanka, firmly. “My careers will go hand in hand but at the moment, the album is my focus. But I will sing for Bollywood in the future.”

* Maria Susairaj, whose story is the inspiration for RGV's Not A Love Story, is taking him to court.

* Naseer is playing a marijuana farmer... and there will be a graphic novel adaptation of the film released.

* Farah Khan is writing her autobiography.

* Esha Deol pretends like she's a good girl... but we all know you were palling around with Fardeen "cocaine bust" Khan.



The more I see from Mausam the more excited I get. I feel like we haven't seen Shahid really bust a move in ages.

2 comments:

Medha said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time now, and I wanted to thank you so much! It's incredibly entertaining and I absolutely love it.

And I'm totally with you on Mausam. Shahid's been gone for far too long.

Lime(tte) said...

I thought that Saif had quit the botox... sad, so sad.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl