Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Gossip - AARAKSHAN edition

Today in gossip - Aarakshan publicity machine churns on; Lolo hates the word 'comeback'; Saifu tries to explain to a journalist that we're all tired of the Saifeena wedding talk; and MORE!


* The Globe & Mail gives a fairly good run down of Aarakshan controversy.

Most of the attacks on Aarakshan allege that it is against affirmative-action quotas, although critics who have seen the film say both sides of the debate are presented in a painfully even-handed and didactic way. India’s state censor approved it, but after objections from leaders of low-caste communities, Mr. Jha agreed to delete some scenes perceived as “anti-reservation.”

If you read one piece on the drama-rama happening, make it this one!


* This is why Frieda Pinto annoys me.

“The reason I'm doing these things outside my country is to be able to come back to India equipped with the knowledge and understanding of how to hopefully produce my own films one day,” she added.

Really? Wow! I guess until then everybody in Mumbai is sitting around waiting with bated breath to find out how REAL films are produced.

* Karishma Kapoor doesn't want you to call it a come back.

* Saif Ali Khan gives a sassy interview.

Now that a newspaper has carried details about Kareena Kapoor’s bridal wear, can we know if you’ve set the date?
Well, that piece reads more like an advert for the designer. Beyond that, I don’t want to comment.


Actually, I can do a thesis on the pitfalls of having a relationship with another actor. It’s really sad that it sidelines all the attention away from the work that we do. The most random stuff is written about her and me. I’m sure people are also bored reading about all this. I read some of the comments on these websites and people really don’t care. I don’t have much to add to it. I’d rather people notice our work.


TRUE FACTS, Saifu! We really don't care. Now only if you read my comments about how scary that botox makes you look...



Left: Saifu at the Aarakshan premiere, 2011
Right: Saif in Parineeta, 2005

Pretty incredible how 6 years can magically erase all facial wrinkles and rework the shape of his eyes... MAGIC!

5 comments:

thediva_1 said...

THANK YOU! Finally someone who understands what freida is indirectly trying to say in her interviews! Basically she says that people in India do not know how to produce films and he has to take the knowledge back to them for their wellbeing. She sounds like a tool. FYI freida, I am pretty sure Bollywood is twice the size of Hollywood...

kavi said...

Since Freida cannot be really truthful about why she isn't working in Bollywood (that no one offered her anything!), she comes up with these random, nonsensical replies !! Once her 'exotic'-ness wears off & people realize that she can't act for nuts, even Hollywood is gonna forget her. Then she will return to India and say it was my choice & I felt this was the right time to start making 'real' bollywood movies !

kaushik said...

Legendary actor Shammi Kapoor passed away today.

Indian Essay said...

While I'm not a fan of Freida Pinto's, I still feel she's way more articulate and in control (rather, less cringe-worthy) than Aishwarya Rai. (cringe moments like the 60 minutes, Letterman, and Oprah interviews). She does put on a Brit accent but still seems to come across as more relatable (if that's a word!). She can't really act or is not even close to the stunning beauty of Ash, that's for sure..

Just my $0.02 ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dear Gawd! Freida is delusional and a total bozo!!! She's been under a microscope from the moment she got popular from Slumdog Millionaire and she's going to be so bold as to say something like this!!! Ahahaha! She should be grateful that she's been given this much of an opportunity and a shot at success ANYWHERE, let alone in Hollywood. People with actual talent have to grovel to get a chance and this twat hasn't even proven that she can actually act (IF she can actually act, that is) and she's already going around spilling nonsense like this. She sends my gag reflex into overdrive.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl