Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Gossip


Today in gossip - Esha Deol thinks we care about her re-launch; Sanjay Dutt won't help his daughter get into acting; Kareena loves Kareena; new trailer for That Girl in Yellow Boots; song promo for "Teri Meri" from Bodyguard; and MORE!


* Esha Deol is clueless.

There were plenty of rumours about you being admitted into rehab.

I have no clue where that came from. When I read about it on the internet, it did upset me because it was not true. I have very protective parents. They know exactly what I do. I am a very responsible person. I work out. I do Odissi classical dance. Anyone who has to be admitted into rehab will not be able to do all these things. I believe what goes around, comes around.


Sigh. Yes, that's right Esha. Anybody who goes to rehab can never again work out or do classical dance.

* Deepak Dobriyal talks Bollywood.

The difference between the West and India as far as movies are concerned is the culture. We get influenced by not only characters but also the infrastructure and other elements from the films made in the West. We don't have faith in our thoughts and that's the main problem. To think over our thought is the toughest thing to do. But come to think of it, our Indian society is too complex. To be influenced and to copy are two different things. Indian films aren't getting influenced, they get copied and that's the problem because to get influenced is to find your own way. Indian films need to find their own way, it's time.

* Simi Garewal's Lady Gaga interview will be pretty standard Gaga.

Gaga spoke extensively of her struggle early on in life "to fit in". "Don't stoop to that place of negativity. You have something very unique and special (she told herself). I was starting to cling to my artistry," Gaga said of her struggling years adding "I can't even begin to tell you the number of times I was told 'no' in the past than the number of times I was told 'yes' yesterday."

* Sanjay Dutt says no to Bollywood for his daughter... because respectful women don't work in Bollywood.

Not that Sanjay is against the industry. He attributes this thought to a rule laid down by his father, the late Sunil Dutt. In the past, he had said, "Dad never wanted any of our family girls to be in the film industry, so it's the same with my sisters and their daughters. I want to keep that going."

* Profane songs have a limited shelf life.

"In today’s busy world, something is needed to arrest your attention. Songs like these provided that shock treatment. One may or may not like it, but everybody takes a note of it. DK Bose... became the talk of the town, though such songs have a life of one or two weeks,” he adds.

* The all-star (child) cast of Student of the Year has to wait for the film to release before doing any other projects.

* I wish I had been able to attend this panel.

Zoya Akhtar commented on how she is taking mainstream formula (stars, songs) but imbibing it with a personal sensibility. She also spoke on how the palette has changed over the years. Movies are becoming more entertaining and they strike a good balance between engrossing the audience attention, expression of the directors’ thought and being a commercial success.
Anupama Chopra debated with the panelists if these films spoke mainly to the urban, multiplex audience. At one point, Hindi films were the great pop-cultural unifier in India. Do these films accentuate the divide or they are bringing in a social message.


* Kareena really loves Kareena.

Speaking on her face, Kareena flaunted, "Women must like my lips I am sure not just because of my natural pout but also my gloss. I love my eyes sexy and hot too! I love kohl and mousse which gives me that natural radiance."

* The makers of Force are REALLY pushing this John did all his own stunts thing.

* Has Abhishek finally dumped Goldie Behl?

* I'm not sure how much truth there is to the Sajid Khan-Jackie Fernandez rumors but I don't blame her one bit for wanting to do Krrish 2 over Housefull 2. And if Sajid doesn't like it... well, maybe he should have given her a better role.

A friend of Sajid told Mumbai Mirror, "He is obviously feeling betrayed. Clearly, Jacqueline is a very ambitious girl. Krrish 2 stars Hrithik Roshan, who is a superstar. Moreover, Krrish is a brand. But, Sajid was the one who gave her the opportunity to feature in the item song in Housefull and resurrected her career after her two flops."

Loyalty doesn't come easy in Bollywood...



New teaser for That Girl in Yellow Boots...



And something a bit lighter... "Teri Meri" song promo from Bodyguard!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl