Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Desi Boybands... or Filmi Girl asks and receives!

So, you remember me asking for desi boybands? Let me share the amazing information I received in response!

Apparently there exists a magnificent and magical assemblage known as... A BAND OF BOYS!





[Fact: The only thing that could improve this video is if Harry Key was playing the white guy.]

Their official website is here.

Look, there is a reason I love boybands - I require a constant stream of goofy photos like this one:




Unfortunately, it looks like A BAND OF BOYS is defunct but Karan Oberoi, Sherrin Varghese, Chin2 Bhosle, and Siddhaarth Haldipur will live forever in our hearts... and by ours, I mean mine. Now that I know they exist.

3 comments:

veracious said...

Have you seen the Shankar film Boys, Siddharth's first? It's not perfect but it IS a tale of teenage friends who become a ~rebellious~ boyband. I really liked the song numbers, you should check 'em out on youtube.

Here's the most boybandy of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTUFUz31mgc

Okay, looking at that vid I realise Genelia's character is also in the band, which I forgot about. Still. It still kind of counts?

SHERRiN VARGHeSE said...

Hey.. We ain't defunct.. We still gig.. Pointless doing albums cos its not the senad before. But we still tour, travel, goof.,, etc.. SHERRiN from A Band of Boys.. Cheers

SHERRiN VARGHeSE said...

Hey.. We ain't defunct.. We don't do albums anymore cos it's all about Bollywood now!! But we still gig, tour, travel, goof etc.. For the good life- join the official page of ABOb, on facebook.. Peace!!
SHERRiN
A Band Of Boys

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl