Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday Gossip

Today in gossip - Sonu Nigaam does Britney Spears, Downton Abbey makes a Bollywood debut, Shekhar Kapur's Paani, Preity Zinta, trailer for Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande, AND MORE!

* The AFP spins a story from the Delhi Belly fallout.

* Sonu Nigam appears on a
Britney Spears remix of "I Wanna Go."

* Dharmendra reflects on
the change in filmmaking over the years. He laments how things have been shortened and compressed...

* Check out one of the locations for
Housefull 2 - Burghley House in Stamford, a location that is also used in Downton Abbey!

* Rohit Shetty, meanwhile, was filming in Karnataka for
Singham. (I love the reference to Ajay Devgn as the "Surya of the North.")

* Sajid-Wajid say they will not be pilfering
South Indian tunes for Rowdy Rathod.

* Kangana Ranaut has no love lost for
certain contemporaries.

As for her detractors trying to run her down, she adds, “I know where this malicious gossip comes from. But I also know that it’s not uncommon in the industry for an outsider to be treated like this. There’s so much insecurity in the industry... I know how hard it is for some to accept that an outsider with absolutely no filmi connections is catching up with them. But it’s a compliment if my peers percieve me as a threat.”

*
Paani is still in the works - Hrithik Roshan is apparently is attached. Awesome.

* Preity Zinta is desperately trying to
resurrect her career. Maybe she should send the memo to Madhur Bhandarkar? Heroine is currently missing a leading lady... *cough cough*

* Ahana Deol's debut has been
shelved for the time being. She should team up with Narmaada Ahuja for a two-heroine film! Adhyayan Suman and Harman Baweja can be the heroes... Real old-fashioned nepotism bonanza!

* What is this bizarre obsession with 'new faces' that some Bollywood leading men have?
Kajal Aggarwal isn't good enough to appear opposite Abhi now because she worked on Singham? SMH, bro... I hope this is just a rumor. Kajal has had way more hits than you, Baby B, in the last few years, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her.

* Even after the mediocre film that was
Blue, somebody is letting Anthony D'Souza direct another film.



Trailer for
Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande - produced by Anupam Kher, I think. The tapori heist film seems to be becoming a thing, which is AWESOME.

5 comments:

luscious-words said...

I'm a fan of Abhishek, but he's KRAZZY for letting Kajal Aggarwal slip through his fingers. She's gorgeous and talented and has the charisma to draw audiences.

~ Layla

luscious-words said...

And how could I forget to mention the coolness of Ajay being called the Surya of the North. I'm slipping in my fangirl status. ;D

~ Layla

Banannie said...

As much as I love Ajay, I would have loved to see Surya reprise his role in Singham. Is it just me or are South Indian actors not encouraged in Bollywood? I feel like south Indian actresses get more acceptance. Oh well...

larissa said...

It probably has something to do with the fact that most actresses in South Indian movies are actually North Indian. Case in point, Kajal Aggarwal was born and grew up in Mumbai.

myrna-nora said...

Small correction: Highclere Castle is "Downton." Burghley House was "Rosings Park" in the most recent P&P.
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?locations=Burghley%20House,%20Stamford,%20Lincolnshire,%20England,%20UK

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl