Monday, July 11, 2011

Singham: You know you can't wait until July 22!!


Forget
Delhi Belly - my most anticipated film of the summer is Rohit Shetty's Singham. No lie, this poster is my current desktop background.

Here are two things I know:

1. Rohit Shetty makes fantastically entertaining films, most of which involve cars zooming around and flipping over and etc.

2. Ajay Devgn is looking
fine with his washboard abs.

So, obviously, when I got these promo pictures, I HAD to share them with you!!


Alas, Ajay's famous abs are not on display but enjoy!






Oh, hello, Officer Ajay!



Also, point 3 - Kajal Aggarwal is adorable. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in so far.

And the trailer!



And the synopsis!

In the backdrop of Shivgad, a small village in the border of Maharashtra and Goa, the film revolves around the story of an honest, diligent and honoured Inspector Bajirao Singham played by Mr. Ajay Devgn who fights against injustice and prejudice using his own ethics and principles. A sudden strike of destiny sets up Singham against the tremendously powerful criminal cum politician Jaykant Shikre (Prakash Raj), challenging his morals and beliefs. Jaykant's powerful planning and force makes Singham land up in the ruling city of Jaykant Shikre, the city of 'Goa', where he leaves no stone unturned to make Singham's life a nightmare to live. Singham's supportive girlfriend Kavya (Kajal Aggarwal) and his tryst with Late Mr. Rakesh Kadam's family makes him realize the importance to bring a change in the system by eradicating the root cause Jaykant Shikre, by not going against the law of force but by being a powerful part of it.

Did you SEE the part about Prakash Raaj?! It's like this movie was made for me!

Releasing July 22nd and oh, yes, this will be a first day event! Who is with me?!

4 comments:

luscious-words said...

I can't wait to see this!!!

~ Layla

Daddy's Girl said...

I can't wait for Singham either!! I've been in love with Ajay's abs for ages... http://ilovelovelovedharmendra.blogspot.com/2007/03/shakespearean-bollywood-omkara-and-bit.html

be_slayed said...

So the ruling city of Jaykant Shikre isn't really Goa?

Shell said...

I am REALLY hoping to head to the city to see this as a double feather with ZNMD, if it is still playing beginning of next month. Ajay is splenderific in all his moochie, abaliscous, law abiding glory!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl